New York, NY
- IT Project Manager with over 11 + years of experience in IT. Expertise in working on multiple projects/programs concurrently in dynamic environments.
- Extensive working knowledge of PMO operations, cost/variance analysis, budgeting/forecasting, project scheduling/controlling, project scorecards/dashboards, time tracking, procurement, vendor management/ supply chain management, change management and release management processes etc.
- Experience with SDLC and various Project Methodologies (AGILE – Scrum & Kanban, Waterfall).
- Experience with Project Management techniques like Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Project scheduling, Milestone tracking, PERT charts etc.
- Expert in developing effective working relationships with the client teams to understand and support requirements, scoping/prioritizing projects, developing strategic plans to implement technology solutions, and effectively managing client expectations.
- Expertise in implementing & managing end-to-end complex IT projects using CA Clarity.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP implementation methodology, SDLC and relevant associated quality processes.
- Pro-active, confident, analytical, excellent team player, fast learner, goal-oriented, assertive, detail-oriented with multitasking capabilities to perform exceptionally in dynamic environments with strong managerial skills.
- Proven track record of project management, planning, performance, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Waterfall.
- Databases: Oracle 11g, Microsoft SQL server 2008 R2, MS Access.
- Business Tools: Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio 2010, MS Project 2010, MS Outlook 2010, MS SharePoint 2010, CA Clarity, PeopleSoft, JIRA.
- Languages: C, SQL.
- Certifications: Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
Masters in Computer Science from LIU Brooklyn 2016
Bachelor from PTU Jalandhar 2009
Prudential Financial, Newark, NJ
July 19 – Current
IT Project Manager
Worked as a Project Manager directly reporting to the Director of Program Management on the “Customer Office Digital Transformation” Program, consisting of three initiatives named “Brazil – Third Party Distribution – Sales Velocity” project to increase sales velocity of Prudential of Brazil users by providing agents a holistic view of all customer interactions on a single dashboard, eliminating the need to browse through several systems to prospect/manage a customer; “Korea – Life Planner Experience” project to develop “Life Planner workbench” and extend it to Korean channels, create comprehensive infrastructure and develop a modern marketing platform to enhance customer engagement and personalization; “Indonesia – PML DB” project to increase cross-sell and up-sell opportunities by building PML database and integrating it with CT Corp Data Platform.
- Facilitated team meetings on daily/weekly status, project planning, release planning, trainings, PROD issues resolution, and ad-hoc projects related efforts. Record and publish Meeting Minutes, Action Items, Risk/Issues, and Dependencies (internal/external).
- Created project WBS (work breakdown structure), updated/maintained project plans per inputs from various project meetings, emails, changing project demands and keeping it current all the time, so the project team is informed about the latest/changing project schedule.
- Led efforts to move artifacts generated and used in the software development process for all the project from SharePoint to Artifactory.
- Monitored Release Planning activities including post prod verification/support, compile and maintain release plan on the project SharePoint sites.
- Helped with documenting process flow diagrams, as well as Current and Future state diagrams, and project/program roadmaps.
- Updated/maintained Action Items and Risks/Issues Logs per inputs from various IT project meetings, emails etc. and tracked status until closure, for smooth project execution.
- Led daily stand-ups and scrum ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, and Retrospective meetings) for two scrum teams using Agile. Worked with product owners to groom the backlog and planned sprints. Tracked, escalated and removed impediments. Tracked burn down, issues and progress in JIRA. Worked with component teams to resolve issues. Utilized Agile Scrum practices to help the team increase their velocity.
- Directed and coordinated all the project activities with project teams and Infrastructure teams on system upgrades, database integration/scaling, and move to new platform.
- Managed various project codes and cost centers required to track spending vs. approved budget. Managed, tracked and analyzed project budget portfolios and generated various spend vs. forecast reports, as needed.
- Met with PMO administrators and finance team on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis to discuss quarterly budget re-forecasts, budget transfers, financial data/reports analysis and other budgetary, administrative and planning issues.
Tools: MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio 2010, MS Project 2010, MS Outlook 2010, JIRA, MS SharePoint2010,PeopleSoft,Confluence.
State Street, Boston, MA
Sep 18 – June 19
IT Project Manager
Worked as a IT Project Manager on Rainier program consisting of projects named Analytics to CRD, Front Arena Retirement, Benchmarks – custom, GMH – Data Services in support of other projects, GMH – Trade Services in support of other projects, GMH – Minerva Bridge, Analytics – Intraday to GA, Cash to CRD – SOD and Intraday, ETF Basketing – Intraday, Austin Integration with CRD, ETF basket Builder Enhancements, Benchmarks – Research, GMH – Data Center Migration.
- Monitored program progress and followed up with the Project Leads to update the Rainier Program status deck, covering all the projects, on weekly basis for the senior management.
- Helped Program Manager in developing project WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and tracking changes to the project. Monitored project progress and updated plans using MS Project.
- Responsible for sending RTC (Rational Team Concert) Status Reports covering Milestones, Epics and Full Backlog every Friday to the Project teams.
- Responsible for migrating all the program documents from SharePoint tool to Confluence successfully.
- Facilitated Sprint planning, execution and retrospective. Ran daily Scrum calls to go over latest updates, any roadblocks, risks/issues, dependencies and focus for the next day.
- Published meeting minutes of the scrum calls. Recorded Action Items, Risks/Issues and followed up with the assignees on the latest updates/progress towards resolution by the due date/timely manner. Measured and tracked team progress and provided metrics.
- Represented all the program related changes in the weekly Change Advisory Board meeting and published the report to the higher management.
- Created needed project status and budget/forecast/spend reports for the higher management for the Project Management Review meetings. Escalated program level Risks/Issues for critical decisions in timely manner.
- Tracked actuals/spend against the forecasted/approved budget. Making sure the burn rate (monthly spend) is as expected/in-line for project completion within approved time and budget. Performed ad-hoc analysis on budget/forecast/spend as and when requested.
- Managed resource availability/ allocation, by making sure all the resources are 100% allocated based on program priorities.
- Maintained project/release Calendars, records of various project activities and participated in the planning, research and project analysis of the current and proposed projects.
Tools: MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio 2013, MS Project 2010, MS Outlook 2010, JIRA, MS SharePoint 2010, IBM Rational Team Concert, A-track, PeopleSoft.
Merck, Branchburg, NJ
Sep 17 – Aug 18
IT Project Manager
Worked as a IT Project Manager on Supply Chain Tier Analytics program consisting of five projects named Automated Data File Transfer (automated BI, Rapid Response and Darwin ETL files using Liaison tool), Supply Chain Management Dashboard (delivered 5 KPIs overall towards building Supply Chain Management Dashboard), MANTIS (data ingest from TIBCO CIM, HANA ECC, COMET APO and RAPID RESPONSE to MANTIS data lake), Self Service Capabilities (to provide Self Service for users to create application on their own by utilizing technical User ID, so that they can see all the reports they want and pull data tables to create new applications), and Security Model (to build interim security model and security framework for all applications).
- Involved with project planning/scheduling, setting milestones and deadlines.
- Defined project milestones/schedules, monitored progress and updated plans using advanced features in MS Project. Responsible for keeping the plan current on the MS Project Server and program SharePoint site.
- Assisted Program Director in developing project WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), managing resources across project teams, and tracking changes to the project.
- Documented project scope, identified tasks and resources needed, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives/delivery on time and within budget.
- Ran daily Scrum calls, and discussed items planned for the next releases. Tracked task progress daily based on the updates from onsite and offshore teams.
- Ran weekly status calls for all projects, and kept master project plan updated based on the latest/daily updates from the team.
- Summarized program status on the weekly PMO Deck and reported the status to PMO and project owners on weekly basis.
- Created status reports and matrix on the resource’s availability/usage etc. as requested by the upper management.
- Maintained and updated Issues logs in JIRA. Made sure that the resources are keeping JIRA tickets assigned to them current.
- Collect and send out release notes for the projects under the programs managed by the Executive director.
- Reaching out to all the P2P (Prod to promotion) business approvers and secure approvals from them for the deployment to production.
Tools: MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio 2010, MS Project 2010, MS Outlook 2010, JIRA, MS SharePoint 2010, PeopleSoft, Confluence.
TIAA, Manhattan, NY
Aug 15 – Jul 17
Jr. Project Manager
Worked on project that involved Sourcing Benchmark data from FactSet and distribution internally to the Benchmark data consumer applications; ETF Launches; Automation of the U.S. Bank reconciliation and trade files introducing automation of data transmission performed manually by Middle Office Operations Teams resulting in the automated Reconciliation process and ability to validate holdings between Internal Database and the custodians, and Fund launches over the time.
- Helped program managers in project planning/scheduling, cost benefit analysis, setting milestones and deadlines.
- Developed project WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), finalizing cost/resource estimates, managing resources across project teams, and tracking changes to the project and updating the MS Project plan.
- Owned and monitored MS Project plan as per the activities planned and ensured project milestones are achieved.
- Facilitated meetings with the project teams to discuss the status, identify critical issues/risks (internal/external), issue mitigation planning, identify external/internal dependencies for internal, overlapping project activities.
- Monitored and coordinated all project activities including project design, management, and review to ensure all project activities are completed on time and within budget.
- Developed the necessary Project Reports, Budget Status and communicated to the higher management during Project Management Review Meetings for escalations and critical decisions.
- Assigned resources to PeopleSoft and helped the teams on PeopleSoft and Clarity time entry issues.
- Actively involved in project change control. Ensured appropriate solution and budget is presented so that projected business benefits are realized within the approved budget.
- Discussed cost and need of a new software/hardware with the team leads to prompt Sr. project/program manager approve the best and most cost-effective product, based on quotations sent by various vendors.
- Negotiate and approve any changes to the project objectives after consultation with stakeholders to improve project outcomes.
Tools: MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio 2010, MS Project 2010, CA Clarity, MS Outlook 2010, PeopleSoft, MS SharePoint 2010.
TD Bank , Mount Laurel, NJ
Jan 14 – June 15
Program Coordinator/ Jr. Project Manager
Assisted IT Program Manager/Project Managers with Project Management activities on various projects.
- Assisted in developing project WBS (Work Breakdown Structure), finalizing estimates, managing resources across project teams. Involved in tracking the changes to the project and updating the MS Project plan.
- Developed the necessary Project Reports, Budget Status and communicated to management during Project Management Review Meetings. Involved in tracking project team’s weekly status reports.
- Interacted with vendor management for various vendor’s selection related issues, on boarding/off boarding of consultants, and making arrangements for the training engagements. Involved in organizing, leading and facilitating project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials and following up the action items till the closure.
- Actively involved in project change control. Ensured appropriate solution and budget is presented so that projected business benefits are realized within the approved budget. Managed budgets/forecasts of high priority/big programs.
Tools: MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Project 2010, MS Visio 2010, CA Clarity, PeopleSoft, MS Outlook 2010, MS SharePoint 2010.
Thrivent Financial, Minneapolis, MN
Feb 13 – Dec 13
Assisted with project management/coordination/control activities and PMO on a number of projects.
- Documented various project life cycle documents (project charter/plans, project executive dashboards, status reports, project timeline roadmaps etc.).
- Facilitated meetings with the project teams, to discuss the status, identify critical issues/risks, external/internal dependencies and maintained risk/issues/dependencies log. Published status reports and the meeting minutes. Reported status and escalated risks/issues to Sr management as needed.
- Maintained a combined project plan enlisting major project milestones/critical paths and detailed project plans for all the projects and reviewed it with the responsible PMs on weekly basis for any updates.
- Prepared status reports and updated scorecards to communicate project scope, milestones, risks/issues, mitigation plans, budget status (forecast/spent/variance), resource requirements/forecast and overall health of the projects to the higher IT management.
- Worked with leads (business analyst, QA and technical) and resource managers to assign resources to various project activities based on skill metrics maintained for the resources across the firm avoiding over and under allocation of resources.
- Interacted directly with the vendors for any queries regarding SOWs, invoicing and other contract/resource related issues.
Tools: MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Visio 2010, MS Outlook 2010, MS SharePoint 2010, MS Project 2010, MS Access 2010, PeopleSoft, Quality Center, CA Clarity.
EndoraSoft Solutions, Chandigarh, India June 09 – Dec 12
Worked as senior associate responsible for analysis, development and testing activities on the projects related to designing database solutions to satisfy application (business and technical) requirements on various projects.
- Responsible for collecting Business and functional requirements from the Stakeholders. Responsible for the test coordination with the QA testers and UAT testers, and Production Deployments. Responsible for keeping track of changes made to the code and the code developed for the downstream applications.
- Responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders, engineering and DevOps teams to review designs, prioritize features, clarify scope. Followed up with the Product owner/SMEs on the changing requirements and priorities.
Tools: MS Office 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), UML, Oracle 9i, SQL server, Quality Center, Rational Rose, MS Visio 2007.