Company: Merck Group
Job description: A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has an exciting role open as an Account Manager. In this role you will focus on achieving sales targets in an assigned territory through effective execution of business and sales strategy, overall territory/account management, and travel to the assigned territory covering the Mid-Atlantic. This position will be a field base role in Virginia.
- Build and implement campaigns, promotions, and customer trainings to strengthen current relationships, and develop and expand new business. Responsible for handling effective pricing strategies, and relationships
- Achieve sales targets within assigned territory
- Prepare and implement tactical business and travel plans using selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills
- Maintain regular customer communication and relationships, and record all activities in company CRM and other tool designs
- Provide market intelligence to team and management via monthly reports, team meetings, and other requests. Provide territory forecast and opportunity tracking in SFDC
- Use sales analysis tools, and other available marketing and industry reference tools to lead customers, identify trends, and drive proper sales activities and recommend business decisions
- Compose and deliver technical presentations and training regarding Tissue Diagnostics portfolios to a broad range of audiences
- Act as primary contact to customers, and liaison with other departments as needed to fulfill customer needs
- Develop relationships with wide range of points of contacts within each customer facility including pathologist, lab manager, technician, purchaser, etc.
- Complete sales, marketing, and presentation projects as directed with limited oversight
- Contribute to overall company performance through target achievement and strategy execution, contribution of market and product knowledge to drive future strategy
- Work within organization to tackle customer problems, and provide solutions for future improvement
- Travel up to 50% in the assigned territory, as well as occasional travel to HQ, meetings, or tradeshows
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, or related life science discipline
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Experience in the Life Science or Healthcare industry
- Excellent public speaking and oral and written business and interpersonal communication skills
- Pathology, Immunohistochemistry, and other staining modalities
- Microsoft Office, SFDC, sales analytics tools, webinar platforms
- Work independently and within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a degree of independence
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all areas and levels within customer organization, as well as with internal colleagues
- Ability to solve complex problems and overcome obstacles
- Sound decision making in line with company expectations and policies
- Self-directed and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Data driven, strong analytical skills using data to make sound recommendations and business decisions
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits –
Curious? Apply and find more information at
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 235819
Career Level: C – Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model:
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the .
Location: Rocklin, CA
Job date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 00:47:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!