- Develop software in C#/Python for Garmin products and/or applications in accordance with Garmin’s coding methodology
- Create and maintain database access systems including tables, indexes, views, stored procedures and triggers
- Create functionality for features and take ownership of features as they evolve
- May perform as a technical leader or Lead Software Engineer as you grow in this role
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers (Software Engineer 1)
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide comments on some electrical design aspects
- Work collaboratively and professionally with other Garmin associates in cross functional teams to achieve goal
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math or Physics or a technical field (such as CIS or IT) from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of one year relevant experience OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Other qualifications include:
Must possess a minimum 1 year of work experience
Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
Demonstrated mastery of relevant software engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, debuggers, emulators) and demonstrate proficient ability to capture and document software requirements.
Experience necessary to develop moderately complex software in mainly C# and Python
Experience with .NET CORE
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with data science in Python (NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, HDF5, linear regression)
- Database experience (MS SQL and SQLite) with EF Core and SQL Server Management Studio
- Desktop experience with Windows applications
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Job date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 05:47:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!