Job description: Company Description
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat Enterprise is a leading global provider of satellite-enabled managed connectivity services for land-based organisations. We are enabling the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and helping transform business outcomes across a diverse set of sectors, including agriculture, aid and NGO, media, mining, oil and gas, renewable energy, transport and utilities.
Primary Purpose of Role:
The appointee to this position will take responsibility for revenue growth through new business generation and establishing successful commercial relationship between Inmarsat and new partners as they onboard as an Inmarsat customer.
The individual will use his/her experience in new business generation to drive revenue through qualified prospects that sit within regional and sector plans.
- Help identify potential new channel partners and drive new business opportunities within those partners
- Actively target our competitors partner channels to become Inmarsat partners (ISOL/DP etc)
- Develop a level of activity within a defined channel prospect list to generate opportunity
- Develop and grow a new business pipeline that has built in target cover
- Align with Inmarsat BUs to identify existing partners that currently aren’t EBU partners and work to on board those that have land opportunities
- Identify key regional partner coverage gaps and target in country partner prospects to ensure we have in country support
- Meet the allocated targets and objectives for new business
- Work with VAMs to understand their key partners and look to engage with those currently not engaged with Enterprise Business Unit (EBU)
- Work with sector heads and marketing to validate prospects and identify marketing support required
- On board and support new partners through their first 12 months and work to hand over to channel team
- Work closely with the commercial team to create the right level of support and incentives to on board new customers
- Define a partner prospect plan, with target lists, opportunities, regions, etc. and update to senior team quarterly
- Work with regional BU team to help support local partner acquisition, using their access to help support their development
- Maintain an accurate, up to date pipeline on SFDC to meet pipeline targets as set out by senior management on a quarterly basis
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and support teams to ensure growth revenue growth
- Act as the main initial point of contact for new partners
- Assess any opportunities to tender/respond to RFIs. Initiate and retain control of the bid management process, working closely with the technical, commercial and legal experts within Inmarsat to ensure a successful and profitable outcome
- Support fulfilment partners in new business opportunities uncovered within the new business process
- Take steps as necessary to develop a better understanding of end-user requirements and feed this insight into portfolio developments and initiatives
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating enthusiasm for Inmarsat’s business and clear grasp of market strategy
- Working closely with Inmarsat Product Management and Solution Engineering to analyze customer requirements and to help define Inmarsat service offerings, including support for the customer
- Understanding Inmarsat’s current and future product and service portfolio
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in connectivity sales and solution based Managed services or IoT opportunities
- Able to Travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience managing direct customers and developing and implementing sales plans to maintain and grow revenue
- Proven ability to deliver target revenues over long lead times through growing/incentivizing an indirect channel to market and via generating new business opportunities with end customers
- Experience managing opportunities with TCV in excess of $3m
- Demonstrable understanding of the satellite communications industry; knowledge of the opportunities, trends and Inmarsat’s competitive landscape
- Demonstrable understanding of the outcome/solution based selling
- Ability to act responsively, urgently and with the desire to maintain Inmarsat’s global reputation
- Obvious leadership qualities – ability to influence, negotiate and direct the activity or end customers and internal team
- Sufficient technical knowledge to conduct high-level technical discussions
- Excellent communicator and presenter with experience in engaging at Customer level
- Results-orientated mentality, commission hungry
- Able to self-manage
- Spanish required
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 04:18:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!