Company: Armstrong World Industries
Job description: Primary location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
As a CAD Project Specialist on our ProjectWorks team (within our Commercial Digitalization organization), you will utilize your technical product knowledge, digital technology expertise, and CAD skills to drive sales demand for the ProjectWorks Design and PreConstruction Services. Your work will be instrumental in supporting aggressive growth across our Mineral Fiber, WAVE, and Architectural Specialties business units.
You will be responsible for utilizing your technical skills, product knowledge, and your understanding of organized project workflows to perform initial project reviews, provide technical support, and ensure the completion of project drawing packages and takeoffs. You will collaborate heavily with the ProjectWorks Sales and Integration Manager, Project Manager, and with the AWI Sales Team from an internal perspective, as well as company Customers in sub-contractors, general contractors, distributors, and architects/designers from an external perspective.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gaining initial project qualifications, product information, scope, and location of ceiling solutions in plans
- Reviewing and analyzing initial ProjectWorks cases in both in SFDC and drawing documents provided for projects
- Establishing communication plan with ProjectWorks Project Manager for ProjectWorks process and deliverables
- Managing project flow and providing project guidance to sales representatives and customers
- Ensuring projects are completed on schedule
- Maintaining and archiving internal and external communication for each project using SFDC and Outlook
- Preparing final packages for ProjectWorks projects including a quote, drawing package, and submittal sheets
- Sending ProjectWorks packages to Sales Team for distribution to channel
- Managing document control for all estimates and generating Requests for Information (RFI)
- Processing change orders and additions for key projects and establishing cost and price on custom items
- Reviewing bid requirements thoroughly and asking follow-up questions
- Inspecting drawings submitted for accuracy and reviewing with Project Manager
- Recognizing issues with customer-submitted drawings and clarifying requirements before completing drawings
- Reviewing incoming orders for completeness and accuracy and ensuring that orders have corresponding quotations and valid pricing
- Providing excellent communication to customers regarding their order status
- Developing an understanding of customers’ needs and taking actions to ensure their needs are met
- Creating a positive customer experience with internal and external customers
- Traveling to sales territory to conduct face-to-face meetings with existing and potential customers
What will make you successful:
- Associate degree with an emphasis in Design, Architecture, or Mechanical/Construction field or additional relevant experience in lieu of degree
- 1+ year of professional CAD experience
- Experience with Digital Technology development
- Experience working in an architectural office and/or in the commercial construction industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of ceiling solutions across all business units
- Knowledge of and experience with parametric modeling and 3D modeling
- Proficiency with AutoCAD software and Salesforce (SFDC)
- Ability to demonstrate good drafting practices and procedures
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD 2D, REVIT, and Adobe Acrobat for PDF file editing
- Ability to develop CAD Details and Layouts related to products in different material forms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
“Bringing our Purpose to Life” – lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Location: Lancaster, PA
Job date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 23:07:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!