Company: Merck Group
Job description: A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Manager, Chemistry Research Technology Specialist – NA, this posting is a field-based technical sales specialist responsible for achieving sales goals and strategic objectives within the assigned territory. To achieve this, you will be responsible for scientific discussions with customers with the primary goal of driving the adoption of innovative chemistry and adjacent workflows like Material Science and Chemical Biology. Devising and executing business plans and strategies to protect, expand, and grow existing chemistry sales are essential for success. To achieve this, you will perform a range of activities, including building and maintaining relationships with existing customers and prospecting for new customers through careful planning and proactive outreach.
In this role you will:
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Manager
- Starting with customer profiling, develop and execute sales activities to create new sales opportunities specific to each customer segment within Pharma, Biotech, Academic, and Government
- Leverage digital tools to prospect, create new opportunities & improve sales conversion
- Partner with Account Managers to develop territory and account specific plans to protect and grow the Chemistry business in their territory
- Rapidly acquire technical knowledge of MilliporeSigma chemistry innovations and position them into workflows and technical selling in lead discovery, reaction design, small molecule synthesis, and chemical biology
- Map accounts to have a comprehensive understanding of the customer’s research, business initiatives, R&D organizational structure, and new technology evaluation/implementation processes
- Develop relationships with key influencers in top accounts as well as other industry KOLs
- Compose and deliver technical sales presentations tailored to the customer
- Partner with Commercial Marketing and Product Management to successfully launch new products and services in Chemistry, ensuring commercial success through engagement with the account management sales teams and directly with the customer
- Maintain regular customer communication and relationships and record all activities in SFDC
- Provide territory forecast and opportunity tracking in SFDC
- This role will cover the territory of Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Missouri and Ohio
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in the chemistry discipline, physical chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry plus 5+ years of relevant lab or technical sales experience
- Industry experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Academic
- Computer literacy is mandatory (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Tableau, Salesforce, etc.)
- Must live within the territory
- Prior field Sales, Marketing, or Customer experience, is preferred
- Strong presentation and selling skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrix environment
- High level of curiosity and a positive approach to embracing change
- Ability to travel regularly (25-50%)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits –
Curious? Apply and find more information at
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 230040
Career Level: C – Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
Careers during Covid-19
Thank you for visiting our careers website, we are always looking for curious minds to join our teams. We understand how much the world is being impacted by the Covid-19 crisis and we want to assure you that your safety is very important to us. To ensure that everyone’s health is protected, instead of a standard face-to-face interview, it is likely that you will be offered alternative digital interview options.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by the Company. The Company uses the definition of “fully vaccinated” assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our Candidate Services team at 844-655-6466 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday. If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities. If you think a fraudulent source is offering you a job, please have a look at the .
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 04:25:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!