Job description: Construction and Industrial Area Sales Manager – Chicago area
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will drive the sales performance of Electrification Global Markets, participating in sales strategy discussions, assigning goals and negotiating sales budgets and marketing plan. Manage a territory, lead a team of C&I focused sales people which meets its volume growth (balanced selling), price/quality/margin, cost and customer satisfaction objectives, through excellent external and internal customer relations and an increasing market share in the geographical area of responsibility. Provide consistent disciplined, local execution of the regional C&I strategy and programs meeting local coverage targets across ABB’s BUs and customer needs. Reporting to District Sales Manager (DSM), need to engage in customer facing implementation of aggressive measures to achieve sales to C&I customers, systems and services in the assigned geography. He/she also ensures individual BU sales targets are met or exceeded and that net margin maximizes profits within the geography. The individual participates in C&I planning and ensures that strategies are aligned with the district and regional C&I objectives, in conjunction with talent management and recruitment.
- Assess Performance with annual performance reviews for all C&I sales people
- Creates development plan for all employees in geography including technical and professional training
- Manages balanced sales scorecard. Track performances for various BU and achieve the expectations of the geography. Focused share growth by BU and C&I segment.
- Coach sales resources to make winning decisions, plan better, and effectively allocate resources based on customer needs and potential for growth.
- Monthly Review of local performance of all C&I Direct/Distributor served customers and Rep companies
- Quarterly plan review with Top 10 C&I customers
- Escalation point on C&I commercial decisions
- ASM will be responsible for top local accounts relationship & results
- Implementation of the regional C&I strategy within the geography
- Collaboration with RVP and DSM to measure conversions and pipeline in SFDC, working in tandem in Channel organization.
- Measure/monitor electrical distributor and customer conversions, pipeline progression and product mix within C&I segment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration or technical field / advanced degree desirable
- Minimum 7 years related experience required in sales leadership, account management, marketing or related field
- Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Senior Account Management experience
- Understanding and exposure to ABB full portfolio of products and services (including power distribution one-line and installation products)
- Experience leading, coaching, developing, and mentoring a team
- Ability to maintain valid driver’s license along with travel up to 50% based upon business need
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Job date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 08:55:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!