Job description: Job Description
Position: Data Architect – Python/Oracle
Location: Charlotte, NC
Type: Contract W-2
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of developing new data engineering methods of transporting, manipulating and conforming data for business consumption.
Corporate Investments Data Warehouse (CIDW) is a data warehouse supported by the Data Horizontal team within Risk & Finance Technology. CIDW is both a general purpose LOB data store and calculation engine supporting the needs of Corporate Treasury (Corporate Investments, Global Funding, Finance, Market Risk, etc.) as well as the Enterprise Authorized Data Source (ADS) for Cash & Cash Equivalents, Intercompany Loans and Long Term Debt.
The role is for a Data Engineer / Architect / Developer. As an Architect, you will be expected to help the team craft data solutions to meet business and enterprise requirements. The team is currently building out new ETL data pipeline solutions with Python, Airflow and Rules Engines. The candidate is expected to bring new technology, knowledge and experience to the team and provide mentorship to other team members. As a Data Engineer / Developer, the candidate will be a hands-on coder helping to build out the solution.
- Extensive experience with Python (e.g. Pandas, Data Frames) and use in data processing solutions.
- Previous OOP experience, preferably with Python.
- Practical experience with Linux / shell scripting (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python).
- Experience with enterprise job scheduling tools (preferably Airflow).
- Development experience in Oracle, SQL Server, Netezza, or another industry accepted database platform.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience with common source control tools (e.g. BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related field.
- Experience using and/or configuring common SDLC tools that support Agile, such as Jira, Jenkins, Ansible
- Banking / Capital Markets / Accounting domain knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Passion for working with data.
- Background of multiple full-cycle development efforts.
- Previous Green Field design / development.
- Experience automating QA tests as part of the development workflow.
- Experience in Creating Low-level and High-level Design Artifacts.
- Experience in working in a global technology development model.
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile delivery model.
- Advanced degree.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 22:58:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!