Job description: job summary:
We are currently sourcing for a Data Developer to work in the Workplace Consulting Group in Durham, NC.
Workplace Consulting is a group within Workplace Investing business unit and was crafted to serve and partner with strategic external clients on their data and technology needs. The Client Technology Team, housed within Workplace Consulting, is primarily staffed with Technical Consultants, whose multifaceted and diverse skillsets are leveraged to complete advanced and complicated projects in partnership with both internal and external partners.
The Expertise we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required.
- Extensive experience with SQL required, with strong knowledge of Transact SQL preferred (MS SQL Server).
- Extensive experience with procedural SQL – stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions.
- Extensive experience with Python for data manipulation and automation.
- ETL methods and tools – Informatica preferred; experience with cloud based ETL tools a plus (e.g. Azure Data Factory).
- QA and testing experience. Automated testing experience a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud database technologies especially Azure SQL DB, and Snowflake.
The Skills you bring
- strong data analysis and development skills with an aptitude for optimally aligning tools and services to a given challenge.
- Proven experience building, maintaining, and tuning stored procedures, functions, and other database objects.
- Proven experience building scalable and robust ETL data flows using a range of technologies.
- Proven experience using Python for data extraction, transformation, analysis, automation, and testing applications.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced environment.
- Superb communication skills, both through written and verbal channels.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 – 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Value you deliver
- Creative problem solving and the ability to craft end-to-end solutions.
- Passion and curiosity to learn new technologies and business areas.
- Exploring new technology trends and using them to simplify our data ecosystem.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs
- Working on teams to improve development agility and efficiency
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
- Azure SQL database
- Azure Data Factory
- Data Developer
- Data Warehouse
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Expected salary: $55 – 60 per hour
Location: Durham, NC
Job date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 01:09:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!