Job description: ETL Developer
Springbig is the leading loyalty marketing and communications platform in the cannabis industry, working with over 1,300 unique storefronts and building up a cumulative database of over 20 million consumers. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform allows our dispensary clients to configure a custom loyalty program and through this loyalty program build a database of consumers. Our platform also boasts this industrys most comprehensive communications engine, allowing our dispensary clients to market to their database of consumers via SMS and email (primarily focused on SMS marketing) in a personalized way.
Springbig recently launched a new platform, Brands by Springbig. This is also a SaaS platform, and it allows cannabis brands to collaborate with our dispensary clients to send engaging SMS campaigns to the dispensarys database of consumers. A brand can use this platform to place an advertisement on top of hundreds of thousands of text messages and drive their products sell-through like never before!
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Boca Raton, FL with team members distributed around the country. This position is located in Boca Raton, FL and local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with various business and technical people to understand the systems, data sources, business goals, technical goals, timelines, and financial impacts of multiple data conversion projects.
- Perform deep analysis of the data in source and target systems to document detailed data mapping requirements.
- This will involve analyzing data quality, data availability, and defining data transformations.
- Work on building data ingestion pipelines to ingest data from heterogeneous environments.
- Develop detailed metrics related to all data migrations to report conversion progress and error rates.
- Work well in a team environment where knowledge and reusable components are proactively shared.
- Utilize procedural programming language or scripting language skills to code the required data transformations.
- 5+ years of experience delivering data solutions on a variety of data warehousing, big data, and cloud data platforms.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering, or BS in a related technical field, or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Strong Software Engineering experience with proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Spark, Python, Scala or equivalent
- Experience with building data ingestion pipelines both real-time and batch using best practices.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with change data capture tools (CDC) preferred such as Talend.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally) to interact effectively with Engineering, business, and leadership is required.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills are extremely helpful.
Whats it like to work at springbig?
Its awesome! Were a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
Why you should work with us:
- We are a fun start-up, with a start-up culture
- Our company is continually growing and always innovating and creating new features for ourselves and our clients
- Full benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k with matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Company atmosphere is collaborative, passionate and fun.
- Casual dress code
- Work with some of the best & brightest technical minds in the industry! We learn from and share knowledge with each other every day.
We take care of our team members:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k match
- Great health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
- Casual and comfortable working environment
And infuse lightness and creativity into our days:
- Stocked coffee, snacks and candy bar
- Pizza parties and team lunches
- Laser Tag in the office
- Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
- Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $75000 – 90000 per year
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Job date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 07:34:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!