Job description: The Applications Development Intermediate Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Utilize knowledge of applications development procedures and concepts, and basic knowledge of other technical areas to identify and define necessary system enhancements, including using script tools and analyzing/interpreting code
- Consult with users, clients, and other technology groups on issues, and recommend programming solutions, install, and support customer exposure systems
- Apply fundamental knowledge of programming languages for design specifications.
- Analyze applications to identify vulnerabilities and security issues, as well as conduct testing and debugging
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Identify problems, analyze information, and make evaluative judgements to recommend and implement solutions
- Resolve issues by identifying and selecting solutions through the applications of acquired technical experience and guided by precedents
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry
- Intermediate level experience in Applications Development role
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
You’d be placed in an Agile development team, building software that is used primarily by internal Customer Service agents. Most teams operate in four-week sprints, building software for a series of major and minor releases throughout the year.
You would have a manager who assesses your performance and evaluates your readiness for mobility or advancement, as well as a dev lead who assigns your work.
While technologies can vary slightly from team to team, our developer roles typically break down into these categories:
- Salesforce/Java Developer: Java or Salesforce Service Cloud, Apex Development
Other Technologies that are a plus: Spring Framework, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Angular (latest version)
During the interview process, we will work with you to determine which of these roles best suits your skills and interests. Job offers are made with a specific developer role in mind, so you would know your specific position well in advance of joining the company.
We highly value developers who build skills in more than one area, so over time, we will look to expose you to a variety of technologies. In fact, some of our teams will expect you to have learned more than one type of dev role within your first year or so. After demonstrating strong performance at the company, there are also opportunities for promotion or to pursue career pathways into other roles and teams.
Soon after joining, you’ll go through several weeks of training to better understand our applications, team structure and processes. You’ll also have a chance to dive deeper into the technical aspects of your role so that you can hit the ground running. Our goal is to equip you with the tools you need to get off to a bright start at Citi.
But the learning can’t stop there. As technology evolves, you must adapt. Through access to additional instructor-led trainings and free access to thousands of hours of content via Udemy, Pluralsight and other online platforms, you’ll never stop growing your skillset.
While much of your time will be spent coding, this is a highly collaborative environment that will also make use of your communication and influencing skills. Whether you’re working with a project manager to set a realistic deadline, helping demo a product to a business partner, or working with internal stakeholders like Software Architecture or Security, we need engineers who can clearly communicate technical concepts, be great teammates, and influence without authority. You’ll be entrusted with meaningful work that impacts our customers, and you’ll be empowered to suggest new ideas.
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family: Applications Development
Time Type: Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the ” ” poster. View the .
View the .
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 08:07:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!