Job description: CGI has an immediate need for a Python Developer (AWS) to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
- We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
- We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
For a large financial services client, we are seeking an a Python Developer with AWS. In this role you will be focused on AWS Development and Architecture. We are looking for hands-on professionals who can build good technical solutions and then roll up their sleeves to implement the solution.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Work with RedShift ETL to extract, transform, and load databases and data in AWS.
- Build the cloud computing processes working with large data sets and advanced analytics.
- Create processes to take upstream data from data lakes and data marts and apply logic to them using SQL and Python and stored procedures.
- Use primarily AWS native tools.
- Work with financial services data and insure that the data is secure and intact throughout migration.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 4+ years of experience with AWS Development and Cloud Architecture.
- 4+ years of experience with Python (must have) and R (nice to have)
- Must have strong experience with SQL
- 2+ years of experience with AWS S3 and EMR required.
- Strong experience with Amazon RedShift is required.
- Strong experience with data migration, cloud migration, and ETL.
- Strong experience with AWS Lambda, Fargate, SNS, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, Sagemaker and CloudWatch.
- Experience with enterprise data lakes, data warehouses, data marts, and big data.
- Excellent communication skills to ask questions, clarify requirements, and engage with the team and stakeholders.
- Strong logic, reasoning, and critical thinking skills to solve problems as they arise.
- Adaptive to change: Demonstrated ability to problem solve on the fly and tailor your approach to the resources at hand.
- Must be an independent problem solver who can evaluate a situation and build solution options.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
AWS Certification(s) desired
- Data Migration
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Location: Columbia, SC
Job date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 00:54:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!