Company: General Motors
Job description: About GM
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
- Participate in developing and implementing ML/DL solutions in real-world environments
- Ability to digest, design and deploy solutions based on research artifacts
- Minimize the technical, operational, and economic barriers relative to adoption of sophisticated AI solutions
- Support Data Visualization improvements
- Designing solutions at scale (minimize operational overhead)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Actively incubate new technologies and tools for big data initiatives
- Build, maintain and execute unit test cases with high coverage
- Work closely with other data and analytics team members to optimize the company’s data systems and pipeline architecture
- Track emerging technologies in the industry, and provide technology recommendations, risk assessments, trade studies, and analyses
Additional Job Description
- 2+ Years of experience programming in Python
- Very strong background in Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Proven experience in Cloud Technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Docker platforms.
- Minimum of 2 years developing & optimizing AI/ML models, in recommendation engine, natural language processing, computer vision and deep & classical machine learning, and information retrieval and extraction
- Minimum of 2 years in working with data science tools (e.g. – TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, pandas, numpy and experience in developing on cloud platforms, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Knowledge in Apache Spark, Kafka, Hadoop
- Experience with Machine Learning Model.
- Understanding of databases, advanced SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think creatively.
- Experience in Apache NiFi is a Plus
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 06:08:01 GMT
Apply for the job now!