Company: Horizon Media
Job description: Job Description:
Who We Are
Horizon Media, founded in 1989 by Bill Koenigsberg, is recognized as one of the most innovative marketing and advertising firms. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. A leader in driving business solutions for marketers, Horizon is known for its highly personal approach to client service. Renowned for its incredible culture, Horizon is consistently named to all the prestigious annual Best Places to Work lists published by Fortune, AdAge, Crain’s New York Business and Los Angeles Business Journal. Together we are building a place of belonging.
At Horizon, we understand the value that different perspectives can bring to our clients and culture, so we strive for an environment where our employees feel welcomed, safe and empowered. We value YOU and believe that your authentic voice and unique perspective allows us to create a more rewarding culture, and experience, together.
Our simple recipe for success? We hire talented people (thinkers, doers, dreamers, makers), challenge them and give them every opportunity to grow.
We are looking for a highly motivated back-end developer to produce and maintain applications that drive media efficiencies for our clients and working efficiencies for Horizon Media. You will join a small team of developers tasked to create products that set our agency apart through innovation. You will need to have a solid foundation of technical skills including product design, coding, debugging, and implementation of web applications. Experience with APIs, databases, web scraping, data processing, and cloud platforms preferred.
What You’ll Do
- 40% – Develop high-quality applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- 20% – Collaborate to solve complex problems related to servicing our clients and internal teams.
- 20% – Learn and utilize best practices in performance, stability, scalability, and security.
- 20% – Effectively work and communicate with team members as well as other departments.
Who You Are
- A highly motivated back-end developer that can produce and maintain applications that drive media efficiencies for our clients and working efficiencies for Horizon Media.
- A person who can collaborate on small team of developers tasked to develop products that set our agency apart through innovation. You have a solid foundation of technical skills including product design, coding, debugging, and implementation of web applications.
- A supporter of and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Ability to work on and drive innovation of multiple products.
- Ability to articulate clearly and effectively in person and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Exposure to the following Python libraries: pandas, NumPy and openpyxl.
- Handling of APIs, databases, web scraping, data processing, and cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of Django framework.
- Familiarly with Windows OS and Linux OS.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
There are no requirements for certificates, licenses, and registrations.
Physical Activity and Work Environment
There are no requirements for physical activity and work environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 22:02:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!