Job description: Company Description
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- Work closely with Development, Operations and all other cross functional teams across product and technology to drive the DevOps team.
- Design, Develop and maintain data-driven ETL applications and services using Big Data Technologies.
- Lead DevOps engineers and build a culture of engineering excellence.
- Focus on improving the quality, scalability, availability, reliability, resilience of the application services.
- Identify the areas opportunities and propose new solutions which can help in production incidents.
- Focus on the low latency and performance optimization to meet the client SLAs.
- Focus on observability, monitoring to improve the operational and client experience.
- Focus on data security, privacy and protection.
- Provide technical leadership to DevOps teams by participating in design, architecture and process reviews.
- Partner with Leadership in developing the strategy and roadmap that align with business goals.
- Manage the prioritization and delivery of strategic initiatives for enhancements on the platform.
- Maintain ETL data pipelines, enhance, optimize and automate using open source bigdata technologies.
- Perform code reviews and help the team to produce quality code.
- Work and Partner with geographically distributed team.
- Stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make informed solution architecture recommendations.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 10 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 8 years of relevant work experience with a Master’s Degree; or a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience a PhD.
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years of software development experience (with a concentration in data centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging development best practice methodologies.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in building large-scale applications using open source technologies.
- Design and coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Scala, Java, Hive, Data APIs, streaming.
- Relevant experience with DevOps, software design, Data engineering, architecture and ETL data pipeline development life cycle.
- Hands-on expertise with Spark/Scala or Spark/Java or Spark/Python.
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems.
- Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe.
- Deep knowledge of Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting and writing SQL queries.
- Deep knowledge of all Data Warehouse related components (Sourcing, ETL, Data Modeling, Infrastructure, Reporting, Data Visualization) and multiple tools to support those components.
- Experience with Agile methodologies. Work experience in improving the client experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong automation and customer mindset
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Should be comfortable facilitating multi-team activities.
- Payment processing background is a big plus.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Location: Foster City, CA
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 04:58:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!