Job description: ABOUT LEV:
Lev, a Cognizant company, is a premier digital consultancy that works with marketers from top brands to maximize their investments in Salesforce, level up their customer experiences, and power even the most complicated of businesses.
As a top Salesforce partner, we take pride in hiring and developing the best of the best, and we work hard to cultivate an inclusive culture (#LevLife) where our team (also known as Levsters) will thrive.
While we celebrate each other’s individuality, we are brought together by our commitment to provide unparalleled expertise and an out-of-this-world experience to our customers; our drive to shape the future of marketing and the future of Salesforce; and our desire to do right by one another. We are relentless in our pursuit of being the best of the best and driving marketing success with Salesforce.
Since 2016, Lev has experienced tremendous growth. We joined the Cognizant family in March 2020, further cementing our position as a global leader in Salesforce consulting. We continue to excel as a high-growth company by expanding the ways we serve our customers, and by growing our global footprint.
Lev is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, with remote employees across the United States and the United Kingdom.
This position is available for Remote Candidates across the United States.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Manager, Salesforce Engineering is a leadership position in our SFDC Sales & Service Cloud practice. This role leads our platform development team members and also performs engineering consulting on key engagements.
- Work as part of an overall delivery team to deliver a legendary customer experience
- Collaborate with other team members to validate solutions, solve technical challenges, and share knowledge.
- Manage a team of 5-7 developers with varying degrees of experience which may include outside contractors. This is a critical role that is tasked with the health and happiness of their team.
- Lead, mentor and hold the engineering team accountable for setting goals and making commitments. Liaise between project teams and the engineering team as needed. Act as a single point of escalation for any platform development and integration solution issues.
- Provide career guidance, helping employees to identify and work towards career goals.
- Lead the quarterly review process, giving candid and fair feedback.
- Set and manage performance expectations with the team.
- Demonstrate an in-depth technical comprehension of the Salesforce platform through advising, teaching and mentoring. Maintain and expand SF certifications and Badges both individually and across the engineering team. Stay up-to-date with Salesforce technology roadmap and release features/functionality.
- Promote and enforce the use of engineering tools and best practices throughout the software development life cycle (i.e. design reviews, utilization of Jira, adherence to version control, rigor in code reviews etc.) Enforce the practice of reviewing and collaborating on design artifacts with the Technical Architects to produce technical specifications for custom development and systems integration deliverables.
- Manage the assignment of team members and drive utilization goals of the engineering team members. Facilitate proper risk mitigation and team growth through cross-training and educational opportunities. Support interviewing, new hire onboarding and team expansion activities.
- Perform the Technical Lead role on key client engagements to both assign, and occasionally perform, development activities.
- Participate in pre-sales activities and estimation reviews as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in professional services, sales, or customer support operations.
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs.
- Knowledge of web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, and enterprise application architecture.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong initiative to strive for continuous accuracy, quality, and timeliness of information.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on relationship-building and consistent demonstration of solid professional judgment.
- Ability to manage the development teams workload, expectations, quarterly and yearly reviews and areas for improvement.
- Average of 10% travel, up to 25%, to client locations throughout the U.S.
- Perform other duties required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- SFDC Certifications: Admin, Platform App Builder, Platform Dev I. Strong preference to also have Platform Dev II, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Advanced Admin certifications
- Experience with Salesforce configurations and custom development.
- People management experience
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Dec 01 2021
About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow us
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email with your request and contact information.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 23:21:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!