Company: Talent werx
Job description: Start Date: Immediately
At TalentWerx, we are focused on partnering with America’s top companies to acquire new talent with speed, accuracy, and a differentiated pricing model. We pride ourselves in acquiring top talent to ensure our clients’ competitive advantage.
Our client is a technology solutions company specializing in high-end security solutions for large-scale enterprises. They are certified in a broad spectrum of capabilities that better serve their diverse clientele, including federal government entities and private businesses.
Location: Quantico, VA
Our client is looking for a mid-level Python developer to help with porting and refactoring a large application to a Python codebase. The application interacts with enterprise SQL Server databases, and RESTful web services using JSON. Development may be done in both Windows and Linux environments using Python 3.8. The existing code for the application to be ported was written in Perl 5.8 through Perl 5.16, but the qualified candidate does not need to have experience with Perl.
- Clearance: Top Secret required
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years minimum
- 3-5 years of experience with building Python applications in team environments.
- Experience building large Python applications containing multiple modules and packages.
- Experience designing, writing, and executing Python unit tests using the unittest and pytest libraries.
- Experience using Python to connect, update data, and run stored procedures on enterprise databases such as SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience using Python to interact with web services using a RESTful API and JSON.
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line and tools.
- Experience with Python web frameworks (e.g., Django or Flask)
- Experience with Regular Expressions.
- Familiarity with Agile development concepts like Scrum, storyboards, and two-week sprints.
- Experience or familiarity with Perl, bash, and shell scripting.
- Experience with PyCharm, Git, and Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience with Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
TalentWerx is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Location: Quantico, VA
Job date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 05:53:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!