Job description: When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The BI Center of Excellence under Verizon Connect will play a pivotal role in helping drive business transformation by creating a single source of truth for business performance and diagnostics to enable faster flow of information. The Principal Engineer-Data Governance is a critical role to our developing data governance practice to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our data across our enterprise. You will lead the Data Management efforts for the entire VZ Connect organization. You would be responsible for the development and implementation of the Data Governance/Management program focused on accuracy, integrity, completeness, accessibility, and validity of data. The Data Governance framework encompasses all data components across a complex enterprise data warehouse that supports our ELT, Sales, Marketing, CS and Product workgroups across the company.
You will lead the data catalog initiative for successful design, implementation, end user training and adoption. You will interface with cross functional teams to roll-out the enterprise data catalog integrated with data access workflow and lineage. The incumbent will coordinate strategy and play a vital role in driving high visibility projects.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location in any one of the Verizon offices in a large city that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Create and publish an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Collaborate with resources from the Business, IT and operations functions, to achieve governance objectives; resolve governance issues with functional representatives.
- Build data assets that enhance the quality of overall data structures (Data dictionary) feeding the data science, Business intelligence and Data analytics program.
- Gather requirements, assess gaps and build roadmaps and architectures to help the analytics driven organization achieve its goals – creation of fact tables
- Provide progress reports to management and oversee periodic updates to the Governance Roadmap.
- Provide data subject matter expertise to various project teams as it relates to data management and governance. Understand and communicate impacts of data components across all systems.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Data Management lead experience.
- Experience defining or building data catalog products and roll-out strategy.
- Experience with SQL and Excel.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to source new data to support performance of strategic projects/decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with various workgroups and to build rapport with each.
- Positive, professional in demeanor in all communications and interactions and ability to use differing communications strategies to resolve conflicts, lead meetings, and make presentations to sponsors, employees, management and others as necessary.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience in database query languages, particularly SQL.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and determine priorities.
- Experience in drafting and managing data policies, business data processes, data catalogs, and business glossaries.
- SFDC experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Location: Irving, TX
Job date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 05:31:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!