Job description: Company Description
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Python & Angular (Typescript & API development expertise) based applications and components for various marketing automation / solution platforms.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of applications with technologies such as Python, Angular, Bash, HTML5, RESTAPI’s, RDMS, NOSQL DB’s & EMR
- Development on cloud-provided technologies with a focus on AWS.
- Understanding & implementation of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment frameworks
- Collaborate with developers and business analysts in developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies.
- Collaborate with QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results.
- Develops and implements solutions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Analyze user requests and assist with design activities.
- Provide strong technical specialty and knowledge to the team.
- Develop components based on business and/or application requirements.
- Create unit & functional tests in accordance with team policies & procedures.
- Work with cross-functional teams during crisis to address and resolve complex incidents and problems in addition to assessment, analysis, and resolution of cross-functional issues.
- Creative software design & problem solving with ability to present > 1 solution when performing work
- Developer with 2-4 years of experience required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Recent and relevant experience with software development initiatives.
- Experience with development technologies with particular focus on: Python, Angular (Typescript), API development, RDBMS, NOSQL DB’s & EMR
- Experience with CI/CD frameworks
- Experience with cloud (I/PaaS) service provider with particular focus on AWS.
- Experience with agile software development principles.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products
- Knowledge of web architectural and design patterns.
- Knowledge of current technologies including Object Oriented analysis and design practices (Object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle, various development methodologies, and able to independently participate in each phase.
- Ability to design and implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical solutions.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with ability to anticipate and avoid problems.
- Ability to implement migration strategies from legacy systems to new architecture and technologies.
- Ability to work well within a team environment that includes geographically distributed team members.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to effectively communicate technical information to other development team members.
- Ability to design and build flexible and extensible systems with focus on code reuse and generation.
- Experience with writing detailed technical specifications for developers; design, validate and execute software test plans.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 09 Sep 2021 22:30:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!