Job description: Job Title: Python Backend Developer
Location: REMOTE Anywhere in the world
Job Type: Perm Full-Time
Salary: US $100K++ Depending on Experience
Job Reference: 7148
We are looking for an entrepreneurial minded Python Backend Developer to help us disrupt the e-commerce industry. We believe it is time for technology and data to help Merchants deliver the best pricing to their customers, no matter what. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a start-up led by a proven founder in an industry that is growing exponentially and an opportunity to work alongside a small and focused Machine Learning (ML) Engineering team, then this is the opportunity to work on something not only exciting and fun, but also creative in ways that most people will never experience in their lifetime.
What You Will Do
You will work side by side with e-commerce experts in the development of production quality backend code in order to bring into production machine learning models to deliver optimal pricing for merchants. You will be part of a small team of ML Engineers that work in Python and will help them bring their models into production and assist with the code quality of their pipelines.
In this role, you will deploy existing open source tools and write Python backend code in order to automate ML processes and bring ML models into production.
Who You Are
You are passionate about developing quality software and using the right tool for the right job. You are pragmatic and effective, looking for all possible ways of improving your code. You are comfortable teaching and leading on topics like code quality and software development best practices. You consider yourself in a process of constant learning and are looking to acquire skills and understanding in the nascent field of Data Engineering & ML Engineering.
You have a deep understanding of software development and architecture, unit testing, version control, devops pipelines, docker, and all tools around software development. You thrive in a startup environment where almost everything is a green field.
What You Need
- 2+ years of experience as a Backend Python Developer.
- Experience or exposure to Data Engineering is a plus.
- Solid understanding of Unit Testing & coding best practices.
- Pragmatism. Be able to discern when to code and when to deploy existing tools.
- Experience writing API code, understanding of how a RESTful API is structured.
- Experience with FastAPI, Django a plus.
- Experience and understanding of cloud services, AWS a plus, any certifications in the Data Engineering tracks of AWS or GCP a plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Be capable to advise and help ML Engineers with coding best practices.
- Able to understand the business needs first and then apply technology to solve those problems.
- A higher education degree in computer science or engineering is a major plus.
- Real world experience working with ML Engineers or data scientists, experience with ML algorithms also a plus.
To apply, please send us a brief paragraph about why you are interested and what you would do in your week. Github examples of your proudest projects or open source contributions is a plus so please send along.
Sherlock loves to share $1,000 referral bonuses for placed candidates.
Apply for this Job
Top 3 Tech Skills*
SherlockTalent is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We’ll only store and use your personal information to administer your account and to provide you with information by email and SMS related to your account, job search, and career.
Expected salary: $100000 per year
Location: Hollywood, FL
Job date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 05:46:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!