Company: Gama 1 tech
Job description: KEY DUTIES
- Provides programming and software engineering support for the next generation NOAA weather satellites using industry standard software engineering techniques.
- Design, code, test, and document interfaces of moderate to high complexity.
- Work with NOAA government staff to coordinate science products, algorithm development, and science processing.
- Support scientific processing, creation of Delivered Algorithm Packages, and other research-to-operation efforts.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure capacity and throughput requirements are met.
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- 2+ years of knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Experience with Perl or shell scripting
- Experience and or training with Fortran, C, C++ preferred
- Experience in container operations (preferably Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience working in a Cloud environment
- Experience with CM tools such as Git and GitLab
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with NoSQL and/or SQL
- Experience with real-time and off-line processing of satellite data, science algorithm development.
- Experience processing and managing large volumes of data
- Familiarity with scientific data formats such as HDF and netCDF
- Educational background or experience in satellites and remote sensing
- Teamwork, strong inter-personal skills
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- BS or greater degreeMaster’s Degree or Bachelors with 2 years of experience with formal course work in physics, mathematics and computer programming
ASSISTT (Algorithm Scientific Software Integration and System Transition Team) specializes in transitioning systems from research to operations. We support integration tasks for several NOAA weather satellites by ensuring that a functional algorithm is in place and ready for operations. ASSISTT works with science teams and stakeholders to: conduct a standard set of project reviews; generate a standard set of documentation; develop and refine requirements; track risks and mitigations; clean code for coding/security, common data formats and metadata (CF & ISO), standard languages, tools, and libraries; test software; validate products, perform configuration management; and prepare the Delivered Algorithm Package.
GAMA-1 is a rapidly growing technology business that is based in Greenbelt, Maryland. GAMA-1 Technologies provides strategic information assurance, information security, and business enterprise and networking solutions to the Federal Government. Our success is based on the utilization of industry and agency standards, establishment of standardized processes, and IT Services expertise. At GAMA-1, we believe employees should grow, achieve, and develop just as the company grows, achieves, and develops. GAMA-1 is committed to providing our employees with opportunities for career advancement throughout their employment. For more information, visit www.gama1tech.com
GAMA-1 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: College Park, MD
Job date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 05:19:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!