Company: Apex Systems
Job description: Apex Systems is looking for multiple Python developers to support the development of a new system supporting a financial regulator!
Title: Python Developer
Contract Length: Long term 12+ months (Potential to go full time)
Pay: Competitive based on experience
Location: 100% Remote
Role & Responsibilities:
- Experience with: development of our custom tooling (Java, Python and AWS primarily)
- Serve as the primary designer for complex component designs for one or more areas (subsystems) for a larger system or multiple areas (subsystems) for smaller systems.
- Build, test, deploy, and document complex software components for one or more areas (subsystems) for a larger system or multiple areas (subsystems) for smaller systems as well as, help others with theirs.
- Create software engineering strategies that help identify and mitigate risks.
- Document and communicate development status in a timely manner including metric reporting.
- Champion the collaborative resolution of defects.
- Direct internal process improvement initiatives. Provide feedback on processes by offering suggestions.
- Participate in external process improvement committees as a Development representative.
- Ensure all work products meets /exceeds standards.
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience developing with Python for 5+ years
- AWS Lambda experience required
- Experience doing test-driven development, functional testing and continuous integration is desirable
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 844-463-6178.
Location: Rockville, MD
Job date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 06:49:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!