Company: World Wide Technology
Job description: Why Work at WWT?
WWT designs, builds, and delivers, custom applications for customers including digital experiences for web, native mobile, and beyond. Working side-by-side with our developers and other Agile team members as equal partners, our practice members help guide software creators in building, testing, and delivering software that works and that delivers value to our customers.
We treat each other with respect, we admit our shortcomings so we can learn from each other, and we celebrate failures (learning opportunities). When we come together to collaborate, we “check our egos at the door.” In 2020, together we helped our customers adjust to the global changes brought on by the pandemic as well as racial and social inequity, in one case helping to safeguard 25,000 jobs. In another case, our teams delivered mobile apps that improve health experiences and even won 2 Webby Awards. With the unwavering belief that great software can change lives, we support and empower our technology professionals to do the best work of their careers.
WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, and is one of the largest African American-owned businesses in America and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue in 2020. We have a diverse, inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. We are proud to be named a FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” for the tenth consecutive year!
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity for a talented, dedicated person to fill the role of Mid Python Developer. They’re up for joining a nimble, start-up team that’s backed by a forward-thinking global organization. This person will work as part of a product-focused startup, ensuring software products are built of the highest quality. They will be responsible for delivering practical solutions to business, engineering, and scientific problems using Agile methodologies. Candidates should have extensive hands-on Python 3.0 development experience. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications. This is a remote position, with the possibility for occasional travel.
- Able to work with the Python development team and mentor junior developers
- Able to lead code reviews
- Advanced development expertise in Python 3.x, including the ability to develop back-end components
- Proven development experience of RESTful APIs and/or full-stack applications using a Python web framework such as: Django, Flask, etc.
- Interface’s backend components with REST endpoint contracts
- Experience with the automated build process (continuous integration) and source code version control tools (e.g., git/GitHub).
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following Python testing frameworks: unittest or pytest.
- Experience using software development processes such as TDD, pair programming, and other XP practices.
- Experience working with data analytics workflows, such as data ingestion and translation
- Interest in working in an Agile environment.
- Critical thinker with the ability to breakdown complex technical requirements.
- Familiar with integrating with data sources such as MongoDB, Redis, Neo4j, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server.
- Be willing to work on a variety of project types (Desktop, Web, etc.) as needed.
- 2+ years of professional experience using Python
- Experience with other development languages.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture technologies and/or implementations.
- Ability to give and receive Feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one-on-one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people’s strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others’ needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual’s skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape the views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
About World Wide Technology
The world is changing – fast. To keep pace, companies need to find new ways to get to market faster, disrupt the status quo, optimize operational models, and create experiences their employees and consumers desire. Companies know they must embrace digital, but too often they start the process at the end – with prescriptive technology. We start with the customer. WWT Application Services, formerly Asynchrony Labs, identifies business needs – then designs, develops, and integrates partnered products and custom software solutions for our clients across Retail, Health Care, Financial Services, Department of Defense and every industry in between. Our flexible methodologies and multi-disciplined delivery teams promote intuitive experiences, unparalleled quality, regular analysis of metrics, and iterative product testing.
WWT is an $11B global technology integrator with expertise across supply chain, networking, collaboration, and security – we form a unique nucleus of end-to-end creative and technology capabilities needed to help transform our clients’ businesses at scale. Our teams are deeply connected and bring their shared insights across industries, disciplines, and markets to every engagement.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT — it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 00:20:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!