Company: RFA Engineering
Job description: RFA Engineering ( ) is seeking a growth-oriented Python Developer to create automated tests for software applications for farming and precision agriculture at our client’s facility in Des Moines, IA. You will work with our experienced staff and our customer’s staff using state of the art development tools and processes. This work is temporarily remote, but is expected to resume at the client location.
This is a full-time position with full benefits, potential for employee bonuses, and flexible time benefits. The position is indefinite in duration with opportunity for professional growth within our organization, and direct hire by our client.
This position is associated with developing and maintaining system automation tests for the next generation of embedded controllers. Candidates should be able to collaborate with development teams to deliver a full suite of automated tests to ensure consistent high code quality and features. Job responsibilities include:
- Write and maintain system-level automated tests written in Python.
- Contribute to test strategy and architecture as required
- Debug intermittent test failures to determine root cause, assign software defects as needed.
- Working to improve test yield of existing test cases. This may mean collaborating with software developers and triaging test failures.
- Coordinate the technical execution of test scripting with additional resources.
- Attend regular meetings and stand-ups in order to respond to changing needs.
- Attend meetings in-person with development teams to identify automation testing needs.
- Attend meetings with Product Test Leads to define the test strategy, and steps to execute for a given test case.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Other degrees considered if relevant experience exists.
- Professional proficiency in Python with demonstrated experience writing scripts, automation, and/or unit tests.
- Practical working knowledge and application of UDP, TCP/IP, CAN, or other networking communication protocols.
- Basic experience with microcontrollers such as Arduino, RaspberryPi, or more complex embedded systems.
- Experience with Linux Ubuntu
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- General machine knowledge of agriculture or off-road equipment and machinery
- Self-motivated, quick learner, with an any-problem-can-be-solved attitude
- Strong mathematical and analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Experience with Bash scripting.
- Experience with C++ or Qt
About RFA Engineering
RFA Engineering has provided product development and engineering services to industry leading customers since 1943. Our primary focus is development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines. Our work includes concept development, product design, documentation, problem-solving, simulation, optimization, and testing of components, systems and complete machines. Our engineering staff is located at our Engineering Center in Minneapolis, branch office in Dubuque, IA, and numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Extra Time Bonuses
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Education Assistance
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Powered by JazzHR
Job date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 01:33:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!