Job description: Company Description
YouGov is an international research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 9.6 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviour. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
Crunch.io, part of the YouGov, are hiring a Python Developer to help develop our platform. We are inviting you to join our small, fully remote team of developers and operators helping make our platform faster, more secure, and more reliable. You would help us deliver new features and build the future for how we deploy our products faster and safer while increasing the availability and reliability of our systems. You will explore different ways of problem solving and discover, explain, and defend your choices in implementation. You will be self-motivated and disciplined in order to work with our fully distributed team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop performance enhancements and new features in Crunch’s proprietary Python in-memory database.
- Work closely with product managers, sales, and customer success team to understand the system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Establish realistic estimates for timelines and ensure that project remains on target to meet deadlines.
- Contribute to code quality through unit testing, integration testing, code review, and system design using Python.
- Assist in diagnosing and fixing system failures quickly when they occur in your area of expertise. This is limited to when the on-call rotation needs a subject matter expert to help troubleshoot an issue.
- Design and implement RESTful API endpoints using the Python programming language.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- A record of successful delivery of SaaS and cloud-based applications.
- Extensive programming experience using Python as a programming language
- A commitment to producing robust, testable code.
- Results-driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with client/server architectures
- Experience with data locality problems and caching issues
- Expertise writing Cython or C extensions
- Deep understanding of how a database system works internally (indexing, extents, memory management, concurrency, durability, journal)
- Expertise with the numpy library
This position is a 100% remote position.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 03:23:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!