Company: Dese Research
Job description: DESE Research, Inc. seeks a Python Developer to join an exciting and growing team focused on the research and development of emerging cyber security technologies and practices that will harden and secure both existing and future systems used throughout the Department of Defense as well as the supply chains that feed them.
The candidate will join a team of engineers solving challenging problems faced by the DoD in ensuring national security interests and protecting the American Warfighter. Some of the work will require independent research and analysis in addition to gaining experience by working with engineers and cybersecurity analysts within other teams.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study.
US Government Security Clearance Eligibility
Applicants must be eligible to receive at least a secret security clearance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop and debug using an IDE such as PyCharm or VS Code
- Familiarity with the Agile software development process
- Ability to execute test-driven development with writing tests and executing them in an automated test framework such as pytest
- Familiarity with Python dependency management utilities such as pip or poetry
- Experience with configuring and working in virtual environments
- Ability to work on a small team in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic environment
- Strength in converting design concepts into quality software applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Development pipeline
- Experience interfacing with document-based database technologies such as MongoDB or ArangoDB
- Familiarly with git, collaborative development, and version control software
DESE has provided industry-leading technical and engineering solutions in the fields of Defense, Energy, Space, and Environment for nearly 40 years. As a small, family-oriented business, DESE provides a compelling benefits package including a generous profit-sharing plan, competitive salaries, and perhaps most importantly, the opportunity to work alongside of talented engineers leveraging cutting-edge technologies to solve complex and engaging problems.
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 03:31:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!