Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Job description: This role resides within the Nikko Information Technology Group team and you will be part of an established development team. Here at Nikko, you will work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment and be valued as a key member. You will be working with peers for code review and project tasks in a very feedback receptive environment. While you will be managing multiple tasks/projects and working with your colleagues, you will also be able to work independently on technical solutions and research for specific business needs. The Developer role will have you working in Python to design and build new applications to interface between front office and back office systems.
Reporting to senior developers, this position entails development of a new application to interface between front office and back office systems using Python. The developer will liase with senior developers on the team in order to build and support application interfaces and databases, as well as ad-hoc projects and support initiatives. Aside from this task, you will also participate in other business workstreams for application development and design.
- Develop new features using Python, Java, C#/.Net, and SQL.
- Work with architects to design and develop Python, Java, and C# based functions and micro-services for the business.
- Write high-quality automation test scripts and work independently to resolve technical issues through analysis, debugging, and research/investigation.
- Work with project managers, business analysts and development lead to help daily maintenance, enhancement, and application support activities.
- Communicate with front office trading desks, Ops, and Back office Controllers to gather requirements and to synthesize technology solutions to meet business objectives.
- Effectively communicate with project team and vendor to resolve issues.
- Provide maintenance/ support of the existing system.
- Code using best practices and ensure minimal maintenance is required.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming fundamentals using Java, C#, and Python.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of CSE.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Test tools/ framework (Junit/ NUnit/ PyTest etc.).
- Understanding of SQL fundamentals (joins, performance tuning etc.).
- Good understanding of finance and how technology applies to industry is a plus.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 02:01:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!