Job description: Position Summary
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Work you’ll do
MissionStax is Deloitte’s microservice approach to rapidly delivering modular and scalable software applications that meet critical mission needs. MissionStax operates at the intersection of proven commercial technologies and critical government missions. We are looking for a Back-end Engineer to work with a team of world-class developers. The Back-end Python Web Developer will write code and build application programming interfaces (APIs) to deliver amazing web applications for public sector clients.
- As part of a cross-functional agile team, work with a team of back-end engineers (approx. 4 practitioners) to launch innovative products for Public Sector clients
- Design, build, document, and test APIs using Swagger and Postman
- Collaborate with the Back-End Lead Engineer (your supervisor) and Back-End Engineers (your peers) to develop software products that transform global missions
- Understand Deloitte’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as cutting-edge and best in the industry
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 1+ year of Python experience developing web applications
· Expertise in Python web frameworks such as Django or Flask
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
· Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
- Demonstrated expertise and portfolio of products developed in Python
- An understanding of what makes an awesome RESTful API
- Experience building re-useable, modular components in a microservice architectures
- Creativity and innovation – desire to learn and apply new technologies, products, and libraries
- Strong knowledge of best practices – ability to write code that consistently passes manual and automated reviews
- Willingness to collaborate with distributed teams
- Comfortable with code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience with database technologies, such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and container-based environments
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Location: Rosslyn, VA
Job date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 22:05:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!