Company: Interactive Brokers
Job description: Join INTERACTIVE BROKERS team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the since 1977, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
You will be part of:
The compliance technology group, we are a close knitted group seeking a self-starter that enjoys the craft of coding and developing innovative solutions. We provide automated solutions for global and legal compliance departments
You will be responsible for:
- Communicating with the business side to gather requirements and complete a project life cycle.
- Writing maintainable software that is durable and where new requirements can be accommodated smoothly and swiftly.
You are someone who has:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on development experience using Python and;
- Experience writing SQL and designing database tables
- Experience working with git version control
- Experience with REST Webservices
- Good Unix / Linux knowledge and basic shell scripting skills
- Experience writing technical specifications and documentation
- Experience writing unit and acceptance tests
Good to have:
- Go / Perl scripting skills
- Test driven development experience
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Experience with caching solutions like Hazelcast
- Experience with Git, Ivy, Ant
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Ability to solve problems and learn business rules and processes.
- A startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical peers and business customers.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers (“IBKR”), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: )
For more information, please visit
Location: Greenwich, CT
Job date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 00:45:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!