Job description: Do you want to push boundaries on new technologies? Fabric8Labs, headquartered in sunny San Diego, CA, is revolutionizing metal additive manufacturing, and we are looking for a Python developer to join our team to help further improve our technologies.
Founded in 2015, we have been working at the forefront of advanced manufacturing. With our advancements in metal 3D printing technology, Fabric8Labs is looking to commercialize these breakthroughs and reduce manufacturing costs, while developing other significant advancements in material science and processing.
As a Python developer, you’ll be helping support these goals by building applications to handle, interact, and visualize complex data streams. Due to the nature of our work and research, you’ll be working primarily to support our hardware development, so you will be interacting heavily with our engineers and researchers to help improve our printing technology.
If this sounds like something you’d like to tackle with our growing team, then come join us! Fabric8Labs is expanding and realizing new ideas and challenges, and we are always excited to bring in new minds and perspectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support engineering group in developing and testing novel print algorithms
- Collect and analyze test data, interfacing with engineering and research groups to identify and develop improvements to process and technology
- Develop user interfaces and data analysis/visualization tools, typically web-based but may occasionally be for native applications
- Build applications for rapidly developing hardware stack
- Assist with failure analysis and investigation
- May be required to operate and troubleshoot printing hardware
- May occasionally write software in C/C++ for embedded applications (e.g. Arduino)
- Limited travel to customer and vendor sites possible but not expected
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of Python development experience, hardware focus preferred
- Highly proficient with Python, especially with scientific packages such as numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn
- Proficient in building visualizations for large-scale datasets
- Experience with computer vision and image processing
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS and web development frameworks such as Flask, Django
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and datasheets
- Ability to run and troubleshoot equipment or machinery
- Knowledge of basic analysis and presentation software (i.e. Excel, Powerpoint)
- Must be a U.S. Person, defined as: U.S. citizen, an individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a “Green Card” holder), or an individual who is granted status as a “protected person”
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Data science background, including machine learning (e.g. convolutional neural networks)
- Experience with web development framework Tornado
- Experience with SQL/databases
- Experience with Jira/Agile development
- Experience developing for Xilinx FPGAs
Salary and Benefits
The annual salary for this role is $85,000 to $120,000. Fabric8Labs offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as a 401(k) match. This role will be salaried and full-time, and is eligible for our unmetered vacation policy and is open to flexible work hours.
Fabric8Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Fabric8Labs prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Expected salary: $85000 – 120000 per year
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 22:57:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!