Job description: About the Role:
This Python Developer position in Network Business Intelligence – Engineering Applications (NBI-Apps) will be working in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies. Projects are in support of the Windstream Engineering organization and include ingestion, manipulation, and analysis of a variety of data types including: equipment physical and logical inventory, performance and fault (alarm) metrics, OSS system data, financial data, parts/purchasing data, and billing data. This work will impact data quality initiatives, capacity management decisions, network spares tracking, automated network provisioning, and network fault prediction, among other Windstream efforts.
This position has two primary focuses:
- Assistance in developing and implementing a modern CI/CD pipeline for software produced by the group, and development of ETL processes using Python scripting and CloverDX job flows, database development in DDL/DML (primarily Oracle and Timescale/Postgres).
- Operational support of the ETL software infrastructure and processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Effective communicator both in person and using Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Teams, email, and chat tools
- Manage work through Agile tools/methodology, collaborative repositories, issue tracking platforms, and wikis
- Manage projects through to completion
- Effective collaboration in a dynamic team environment
- Independent project execution with minimal oversight
- Develop and maintain modern software CI/CD installation and configuration procedures
- Development of Extract-Transform-Load logic using Python and CloverDX to support business intelligence needs
- Database development in DDL and DML (primarily Oracle and Timescale/Postgres)
- Operational support of the ETL software infrastructure and processes – occasionally, after hours
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
Do you Have?
- Self-starter, relentlessly curious, resourceful, and inventive
- Good team player and communicator
- Drive to succeed and improve personally to add value to the role, team, and company
- Ability to troubleshoot complex solutions and devise a suitable approach
- Highly organized and meticulous
- Strong Python programming experience, especially with databases and asyncio
- Experience with certain other languages (Perl, Java, Go, Rust, node.js, etc.) will be considered
- CloverDX development and deployment
- Experience with comparable ETL tools (Informatica, etc.) will be considered
- ETL methodologies and patterns
- Proficiency in RDBMS systems, bash, and Linux command line tools
- Proficiency with code versioning tools such as git
- Working experience with servers, virtualization, hypervisors
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes
- Pipeline build experience for automated deployments
- Web service technologies and APIs (REST, RPC, SOAP, etc.)
- Data exchange formats: delimited, fixed-format, XML, JSON, YAML, etc
- Experience working with large, disparate data sets.
- Experience and/or familiarity with various functional areas pertaining to telecommunications networks, such as:
- IPv4 basics – subnets, routing, IGP and EGP protocols
- Ipv6 basics
- DWDM technologies
- Circuit design
- Traffic engineering
- Network system design
- Equipment planning
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
Health & Flexible Savings Account
Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
Educational Assistance Plan
Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream Holdings, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Minimum Requirements: College degree in Engineering or a related field and 5-7 years professional level experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 9+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
Location: South Carolina – Denver, CO
Job date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 00:32:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!