Company: S&P Global
Job description: The Role: Quantitative Developer
The Location: New York (55 Water Street)
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 – $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits.
For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit .
The Analytic Development Group (ADG) is an elite, global team of highly skilled and versatile individuals (including PhDs, CFAs, FRMs, economists, statisticians, etc) who employ advanced machine-learning techniques to develop, maintain and enhance statistical models used by analysts at Corporations and Financial Institutions to automate, speed up and scale the credit risk assessment of multiple asset classes (Corporates and Small and Medium Enterprises).
The ADG develops the statistical models that power the Credit Analytics products/offering, within one of the fastest-growing businesses of S&P Global Market Intelligence. Our client base includes large corporations, banks and insurance companies.
The team also provides analytic support to Sales Team and current clients, and is engaged in regular market outreach activities (in coordination with other teams) to incorporate external feedback into our models or to create new tools that enable clients to make decisions with conviction.
What’s in it for you:
- Contribute to the development of the “next-gen” risk assessment statistical models that help our clients making decisions with conviction.
- Opportunity to work with highly skilled Quant Researchers and gain knowledge in statistical models using advanced machine learning techniques.
- Interact on a daily basis within a matrixed organization, including Product Managers, Product Specialists, Business Developers, Information Technologists, Innovators, adapting your language to your audience.
- Establish yourself as a recognized subject-matter expert, honing your communication style and flexing it according to your audience.
- Designing and implementing scalable, maintainable and efficient C++ code for new credit risk models (based on mathematical specifications and research code)
- Reviewing, refactoring, optimizing and maintaining existing code base
- Writing unit and functional test cases and obtaining test data from systems or other groups.
- Support and work with Financial Quality Assurance (FQA) team to validate correctness of the implementation.
- Work with Technology and Product Management teams to get the code into production.
- Completing and delivering the projects on agreed timelines with highest quality and required documentation.
- Strictly adhering to model development guidelines and process.
- Contribute to new projects, requiring statistical model development, on an ad-hoc basis.
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in a technical field (Finance, Math, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science)
- 3+ years professional experience writing maintainable and efficient C++ code
- Solid understanding of object oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Strong software development skills (design, development, testing, debugging and trouble-shooting)
- Strong mathematical skills, including statistics, calculus and linear algebra
- Extensive experience with object oriented design, STL and templates
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Thoroughly checks soundness of own/team work and probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings.
- Results-oriented, flexible/adaptable, able to manage multiple projects, keen to learn, proactive, real team player.
- Advanced Degree in a technical field
- Excel with VBA; Java, Python
- Experience with statistical software (MATLAB, R, etc.)
- Experience with version control system(CVS/SVN/Git)
- Experience with performing optimization and profiling
- Working knowledge of interacting with databases (oracle, MS SQL)
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 – Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.1 – Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority – Ratings – (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 261878
Posted On: 2021-06-09
Location: New York, New York, United States
Expected salary: $55900 – 155900 per year
Location: Princeton, NJ – New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 02:31:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!