Job description: Transforming the Future with the Convergence of Simulation and Data
Python Script Developer Intern
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
Work with team members to develop automatic scripts to improve the quality of the source code. We currently have a mix Fortran 77, Fortran 90, and C++ source code. This intern will work on scripts that team members can run to automatically clean up the code or check the code quality.
What You Will Do:
- Automatic code cleaning script – remove unused variables, create consistent indentations, remove trailing blanks, etc.
- Argument consistency check for Fortran, C and C++ code.
- Check two subroutines to check certain inconsistencies, for example, the memory allocation routine and memory usage esitmation routine.
- Automatic spelling checks.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Familiar with Python, C++.
- Development tools, such as GDB, valgrind, Sanitize.
- Communicate ideas clearly
- Be willing to take feedback (and give feedback as well)
- Ask for help
- Masters in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Python, C++.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Outstanding Work/Life Balance
- Paid holidays
- Collaborative environment
- Charitable Matching Program
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high-performance computing (HPC) and artificial intelligence (AI). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing and artificial intelligence (AI).
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation, and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit .
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventurers; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and uncharted waters, we dive in headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrates a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.
Job date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 03:56:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!