Company: JPMorgan Chase
Job description: Job Description:
The role is to design and develop various applications, processes and software components for the Commodities business in Athena. Working with QR, Structuring, Trading, Sales and Middle Office teams, you will be called upon to deliver quality code in a fast paced environment that evolves as business opportunities present themselves. The objective is to quickly understand the requirements, propose solutions and deliver with impact, while identifying the gaps in the system pro-actively, supporting the existing infrastructure and prioritizing on the go, while maintaining a high level of interaction with the business. The role requires a technically strong and disciplined developer. A record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment is a prerequisite. The role will require an ability to attain clear understanding of Athena environment and of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment.
Athena is J.P. Morgan’s cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in all J.P. Morgan Markets businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to provide a continuous deployment environment, and pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues, while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
- Experience in performant, large-scale system development in an object-oriented or functional language such as Python, Java, C++ or C#.
- Willingness to become proficient and develop in Python if not already a primary language.
- Good understanding of Agile development methodologies, responsible for elucidating and agreeing requirements, building relationships with business users, and taking ownership of deliverables all the way to the production environment.
- Focus on testing through the entire development cycle to produce reliable and maintainable software.
- Experience in finance or investment banking as an application developer preferred, or willingness to rapidly learn the business domain.
- Ability to develop a good understanding of end to end business processes.
- Enthusiastic to keep learning and growing, in technical aptitude, business understanding and personal effectiveness.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to interact confidently and credibly with business users, to understand and agree business requirements and their prioritisation.
· Ability to collaborate with and influence other technology teams to deliver end to end solutions to the business in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and enterprise architectures.
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team: Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Job date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 22:17:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!