Company: SAS Institute
Job description: Are you a problem solver? A connector? Someone who enjoys helping others? JMP is committed to empowering scientists and engineers via our statistical discovery software.
If this interests you, keep reading. You might just be the next person to join this dynamic, growing, and global team.
What we do:
For more than 30 years, we’ve been making JMP statistical discovery software tailored to the needs of scientists and engineers. John Sall, SAS co-founder and Executive Vice President, is also the creator of JMP. What started out as Sall’s passion project has grown — by leaps and bounds — into a family of statistical software products that are used worldwide in nearly every industry.
We say that great software in the right hands can change the world. We say it because we’ve seen it. We’ve seen scientists and engineers use JMP to speed new drugs to market, to design better products and processes, to figure out how to restore ecosystems. You get the idea. Advancements are made when brilliant people use JMP statistical discovery software to see what they’ve not seen before.
It’s spelled J-M-P but pronounced “jump.” You can remember us this way: JMP users don’t jump to conclusions; they spring into action.
No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. We work to maintain a culture of camaraderie that allows the personalities of our diverse and inclusive employee base to shine through.
JMP core values include ensuring that all staff members have meaningful roles, feel connected to JMP users, connected to each other, and are positive about their futures. And our leadership believes in finding the right balance between work and life, knowing that happy and healthy people bring passion and energy to their jobs.
What you’ll do:
JMP is looking to add a Salesforce developer to drive automation of processes and assist in managing the integrations to our various business systems for our Salesforce.com (SFDC) environment. This includes technical design/development, configuration, maintenance, and integration with other systems. This position requires excellent communication skills, strong knowledge and proven experience in Salesforce development.
The successful candidate must be able to work with internal clients and collaborate with others on their team to develop technological solutions to business problems. They should be able to work on multiple projects or portions at one time, and provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable. The ideal candidate would be a passionate, energetic problem-solver who looks for simple solutions to complex problems, while keeping an eye on the “big picture” from a technological perspective.
- Lead design discussions with users, technical and functional stakeholders to analyze Salesforce.com functional, technical, integration and data needs and clarify, refine and document requirements.
- Critically evaluate information and data from multiple sources. Reconcile differences and troubleshoot issues.
- Work with business users to define project requirements and develop solutions
- Collaborating with other developers on the team to design solutions that efficiently deliver the required enhancements on time and within budget
- Responsible for developing in Visualforce, Apex, Java, AJAX, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Designing and delivering enhancements and new functionality to support the business using the Force.com platform features including custom objects and fields, workflows, approval processes, Apex Code and Visualforce
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to translate requirements into application and operational deliverables
- Research business requirements, document user stories, test cases and collaborate with SFDC developers to estimate level of effort
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience with the Force.com platform
- Experience developing integrations from Salesforce to various other systems and platforms via REST APIs
- Candidate should understand and have experience writing SQL/SOQL queries against multiple database structures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 5yrs+ of programming experience
JMP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: . Also view the supplement , and the .
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. JMP employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, JMP may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. JMP collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
In order to work at JMP, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
All valid JMP job openings are located on the Careers page at . JMP only sends emails from verified “jmp.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of JMP, please contact us at before taking any further action.
Location: Cary, NC
Job date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 23:28:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!