Job description: Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible – at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Salesforce QA Engineer
We’re looking for a Salesforce QA Engineer to join the team responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our business systems infrastructure. We manage the systems that encompass the entire buyer’s journey from initial lead through marketing, sales, renewal, accounting, customer success and advocacy using tools including Marketo, Salesforce, Aria, NetSuite, and Zendesk. The ideal candidate will work closely with GTM Systems developers, admins, and architects to define stories, acceptance scenarios, test plans/cases, and advocate for best practices that improve our core business systems’ software quality. Ideal candidates will come from a strong business/technical background, have the ability to understand complex business requirements and technical architectures, and have the programming/automation skills to drive our testing infrastructure. This role is supported by the Sr. Manager, Go-to-Market Business Systems and will work remotely.
What You’ll Do
- Drive testing and validation of systems configuration and development, improving our testing processes along the way.
- Define features, acceptance scenarios, and test cases.
- Build the testing framework for our platform and write automated tests.
- Own and develop testing tools and strategies, as well as manage test data.
- Advocate for customer experience through consistency and simplicity.
- Work with developers to ensure test cases are reflected in code and automated tests.
- Identify opportunities to use end-to-end tests to provide greater value and confidence around our Business Systems software.
- Advocate for practices and tools that promote quality, such as solution design, effective unit testing, etc.
- Identify relevant quality metrics for the team like error rates and thresholds.
- Advocate for, implement and monitor tools that provide alerting on those metrics.
- Investigate defects and produce minimum viable test cases to reproduce them.
- Support frequent deployments to production.
- Participate in the planning and analysis of business requirements for system changes and enhancements.
- Help foster a culture of pride and obsession around delivering quality software.
- Improve the overall quality and completeness of documentation.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience as a Salesforce QA or similar role
- Strong Proficiency with Salesforce and the overall platform in a Lightning-based environment.
- Demonstrable experience with a complex Salesforce org which requires testing of automation capabilities such as workflows, process builder, flows, validation rules and custom code development.
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce permissions, roles, and logical formulas.
- Understanding of and the implications of testing 3rd party apps from the AppExchange within SFDC as well as integrations with external 3rd party applications (such as Marketo, LeanData, Outreach, Zendesk, ZoomInfo, Bizible, etc.).
- Ability to meet deadlines, communicate delays, and clarify ambiguous requirements.
- Exceptional communicator, strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Experience working with one or more of the following: Steelbrick/CPQ, Apttus/CLM, Marketo, Bizible, LeanData, Outreach, Gainsight, Zendesk, Xactly, or Drift
- Familiarity with marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, Hubspot, etc) and marketing funnel automation for tracking.
- Prior experience in a SaaS or usage/consumption-based business.
- Solid understanding of B2B Lead-to-Quote and Quote-to-Cash processes and how these processes are managed in a Salesforce.com environment.
- Current Force. com Certification, Trailhead profile, or Salesforce community involvement.
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $xxx per year [hourly rate for this role if hired in Colorado is $xx/hr], [if sales role, please include: with the ability to earn commissions]. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of . Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Fastly collects and processes personal data submitted by job applicants in accordance with our . Please see our .
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 06:47:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!