Job description: Senior Account Executive
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
- Plans, builds, and maintains relationships with key partners in assigned accounts/prospects
- Facilitates customer relationships to ensure timely resolution of customer issues
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with customers to identify and develop new selling opportunities
- Leads and drives coordinated sales approach with the extended sales team (Sales Engineers, Solutions Architect, Customer Care, SSA, Commercial Solutions, Sales Operations, etc.) and external partners (Reseller, Strategic Alliance, etc.)
- Collaborates with global sales team to sell global Equinix platform
- Demonstrates consistent cross region exports
- Understands business drivers of accounts and uses strategic alliances and reseller partners to penetrate accounts
- Researches and documents detailed understanding of customer business and organizational landscape
- You develop strategic account plans that are focused on maintaining/growing accounts
- Drives strategic, global & multi-line of business global account plans
- Identifies customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements to match to Equinix solutions in partnership with SEs/SAs
- You are responsible for leading delivery of pitch, using SE/SAs where appropriate; you adapt pitch to customer needs and persona
- Proven proficiency of Equinix product set and solutions
- Sells full suite of Equinix offerings to include global footprint
- Utilizes external partners to drive solution development in new areas/prospects
- Dedicatedly addresses high churn risk customers
- Facilitates customer contract renewals and negotiations to protect revenue
- You utilize internal resources to understand customers contractual obligations around notice periods, renew terms, Equinix exposure
- Actively monitors and maintains status of opportunities in SFDC, following the principles of forecasting
- Identifies at risk accounts, expiring contracts and forecasts churn
- Prioritizes list of accounts/prospects for short and long-term pursuit to achieve assigned sales objectives
- Provides accurate forecasts
- You may focus on particular vertical or sub-vertical within a dedicated sector
- Coordinates with Opportunity Development Team to strategize lead & sales opportunity qualification
- Pursues the highest propensity prospects, fills the funnel with opportunities; pitching prospects primarily at C-level; using industry contact sand partners
- You actively prospect account base to sell the Equinix global platform and you achieve exports outside of country
- Utilizes available tools to prospect and use account strategy plans
- Leads commercial offer and contract negotiations, using internal resources as needed to obtain best commercial terms possible
- Understands commercial levers and problem solves to make initial recommendations on deal structure
- Partners with sales leadership to present at regional deal review
- Mentors Account Executives or other sales professionals; leads special projects, provides guidance to team on new products/processes/best practices
- 7+ years experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
We offer Medical, TeleMedicine, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D insurance, 401K, Leave of absence & disability benefits, paid time off & holidays and more.
At Equinix, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #IamSafeIBelongIMatter culture transcends and informs all we do. In alignment with our culture, Equinix has implemented a vaccine or test policy that requires employees to show proof of full vaccination or get tested regularly to work onsite in an IBX or office.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Visit our Career page here to understand about Equinix COVID-19 Vaccine Policy.
Location: Redwood City, CA
Job date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 23:59:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!