Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Job description: This role resides within the Nikko Information Technology Group team and you will be part of an established development team. Here at Nikko, you will work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment and be valued as a key member. You will be working with peers for code review and project tasks in a very feedback receptive environment. While you will be managing multiple tasks/projects and working with your colleagues, you will also be able to work independently on technical solutions and research for specific business needs. The Senior Developer role will have you working in Python to design and build new applications to interface between front office and back office systems.
Reporting to the Tech Lead, this position entails development of a new application to interface between front office and back office systems using Python. The developer will liaise with SME’s directly and is responsible for end to end delivery of this application including requirements capture, build and testing. Aside from this task, you will also participate in other business workstreams for application development and design.
- Lead large-scale application design, development, and maintenance of securities platforms and systems.
- Work with project managers, business analysts and development lead to help build a middleware/ETL.
- Provide architectural and design recommendation using Python.
- Take part as one of the developers to help build / map in middleware/ETL space.
- Code using best practices and ensure minimal maintenance is required.
- Effectively communicate with project team and vendor to resolve issues
- Communicate with front office trading desks, Ops, and Back office Controllers to gather requirements and to synthesize technology solutions to meet business objectives.
- Work with architects to design and develop Python and Java based functions and micro-services for the business.
- Write high-quality automation test scripts and work independently to resolve technical issues through analysis, debugging, and research/investigation.
- Maintain and manage support of production components and look to automate redundant workflows.
- Conduct code reviews with team members to effectively collaborate better solution practices.
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming fundamentals using Java, C#, and Python.
- Excellent knowledge of .NET utilities and tools, as well as MS SQL Server.
- Excellent knowledge of fundamentals of CSE.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of FIX connectivity, ETL, conversant in ITIL is a plus.
- Familiarity with Test tools/ framework (Junit/ NUnit/ PyTest etc.)
- Understanding of SQL fundamentals (joins, performance tuning etc.)
- Good understanding of broker/dealer/investment banking products (equities, fixed income, other products) and operational knowledge are plus.
- Good understanding of finance and how technology applies to industry is a plus.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 01:21:23 GMT
Apply for the job now!