Job description: Position Summary
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of data analytics, robotics, and cognitive technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients leverage rigorous analytical capabilities and a pragmatic mindset to solve the most complex of problems. By joining our team, you will play a key role in helping to our clients uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data and transforming the Government and Public Services marketplace.
Work you’ll do
The Full Stack Developer will lead the development of major features and implementations, including helping to design the architecture for those features. They will be coding, testing, documenting, and helping to ensure successful deployment of that code. Reviewing pull requests from other engineers will be commonplace, as will pair programming and other light mentorship duties. Our product and technical leaders collaborate frequently with engineers and will expect them to provide insightful feedback on the process, architecture, implementation, and quality of the product. Finally, troubleshooting issues in a timely manner is critical to ensuring the stability of the platform and our client implementations.
Travel up to 10% (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Deloitte’s Government and Public Services (GPS) practice – our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Analytics and Cognitive (A&C) offering is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, and applied mathematical techniques to delivery insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience with both front and back-end development
- 3+ years of experience with at least one server-side language (preferably Java or Node.js)
- 2+ years of experience with Django or Flask and solid Python skills
- 2+ years of experience with agile software development
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or business-related field
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance or above
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with both technical and functional resources
- Affinity for learning new technology and create problem solving with it
- Well organized and able to work independently
- Affinity for learning new programming languages, tools, and applications
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Location: Alexandria, VA
Job date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 04:21:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!