Company: Axelon Services
Job description: Job Description
Global Financial Firm located in New Jersey, NJ has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced Senior Java & Python Developer
“This role is currently work-from-home and will move to the office environment after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.” must have reliable internet, computer and android or iphone for remote access
The Olympus Markets Data Strategy team is building a next generation Data Fabric to solve the evolving Business, Analytical and Regulatory needs of Clients’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) . The Fabric will bring together disparate data sources for the Global Markets organization and enable industry-leading analytics, client reporting, regulatory, surveillance, supervisory reporting(s) and data science solutions. It will also provide enhanced data quality controls , completeness and accuracy, reconciliations, entitlements, performance, management of data retention and archival per regulatory guidelines.
Olympus Market Risk Data program involves centralizing the Risk data across Markets and have one golden source of data for all Risk reporting and analytics. Olympus will need to build pipelines for ingesting Risk data across various systems and provide access to Risk data to downstream consumers including Finance, Back office and Accounting systems.
As part of this program build out the team are developing best in class applications to meet these use cases and managing complex dataapplication migrations to the Olympus Architecture.
The role of the Senior Developer Involves being part of a dynamic team and contributing towards the development of product rollout, software development and applicationdata migrations. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Java and Python
Candidate has the opportunity to be a contributor to the Clients Markets Data Strategy and contribute towards the goal of increasing revenue by providing key analytics/MIS/metrics for decision making, whilst also improving regulatory quality and accuracy. The candidate will work directly with bright and innovative individuals on both the business and technology side, giving broad exposure to front-to-back trade processing and electronic trading across all asset classes. The successful candidate can make a significant difference to business performance
- Develop software to handle Market Risk Data requirements
- CI / CD integration
- Code review and writing unit test cases
- Developing programs to migrate Historical Data from legacy platforms to the Big-data platform
- Develop programs to do EOD reconciliations
- Provide SME support for development of automated QA scripts
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Experience in Java server side development background
- Experience of 8+ years in developing, defining and delivering data and analytics solutions
- Java Server side development working in Low latency applications
- In-memory databases
- Hadoop Ecosystem (HDFS, Impala, HIVE, HBASE, etc.)
- Open Source technologies
- Memory management, Multithreading
- Experience in Data technologies including strong database knowledge
- Experience working with real time systems with high volumes
- Experience with modern software development practices (test-driven development, Agile continuous integration)
- Solid English written and verbal communication ability, including the ability to put together clear, concise, accurate reports and Email communication
- Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design; The candidate is expected to be dynamic, flexible with a high energy level as this is a demanding and rapidly changing environment
Location: Union City, NJ
Job date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 02:59:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!