Job description: We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
The Senior Marketing Automation Specialist will work with marketing program owners to plan, create, and execute marketing campaigns across the customer lifecycle to drive Marketing KPIs, including demand creation and conversion, customer engagement, and retention. In addition to building marketing assets, this role will also implement email segmentation, technology implementations, operations-related tasks, and email delivery and acquisition efforts.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Own building marketing assets in our Marketing Automation System, Marketo
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems including integrations between systems
- Manage various email campaigns and nurture flows, including implementing designs, content, and testing
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends
- Perform email A/B testing to continually improve email performance
- Manage email marketing and sync calendars to ensure email limits set for prospects and customers are followed and API limits aren’t hit with business systems updates
- Oversee List build uploads and account creation to drive outbound
- Work with Marketing Program Managers to help define requirements and manage the ongoing evolution of the Lead/Campaign Management, Marketing Automation, and other software needed for direct marketing and marketing analytics
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact
- Manage lead scoring/ account engagement scoring models
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database
- Assist with evaluating new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance
- Lead and manage technology outages cross-functionally to ensure downtime is minimized
- Troubleshoot issues and bug inquiries in the lead process and own the follow-up communication and fixes.
- With a passion for innovation, keep on top of current marketing best practices and implement them to improve campaign performance
- Plan and drive team trainings to improve skills for all team members
- Help support onboarding of new team members through 1:1 meetings, documentation, and mentoring
- Support team questions on program builds and process
- QA program builds
- Flexibility to quickly adapt and change to align with business needs
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 2-3 years of marketing automation or directly related experience
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems and integrating those systems with other technologies
- Marketing Automation Certified Expert Certification required
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Excellent understanding of RCA Marketo reporting and how to build reports teams need to see
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce, SFDC objects, & reporting. SFDC Admin Certification preferred
- Understanding of how Ops sprints work takes on accurate workload and completes projects within sprint period
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with reporting and data analysis
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both written and verbal form)
- A desire to improve processes
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Job date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 08:05:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!