Job description: We are at the forefront of change in this rapidly evolving lending market. mello, the Greek word for future, was the product of a recent $80+ million dollar investment in research & development to transform & streamline the home buying process into a digital experience like no other competitor offers. But mello is just the beginning loanDepot will continue to invest in developing our own advanced technology ecosystem built around serving our customers & enabling our valued employees to provide exceptional service. We have funding, we have opportunities, you have ideasits a perfect match. Come join us!
loanDepot We are Americas Lender.
The Principal Data Architect will be a key role to take loanDepot data estate to the next generation. At loanDepot, we are leading the journey to a data driven organization. We are developing cloud based data platforms that enable fast decision making and analytical capabilities using AI / ML. Responsible for designing and executing data distribution frameworks, data streaming, vendor evaluation, cloud warehouse evaluation, and developing data and report catalog. This position ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the companys policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Own data architecture and develop data engineering framework with cloud native approach.
- Quickly understand the current landscape of data and provide recommendations on building the future data products with best-in-class components, frameworks and design patterns.
- Establish data pipeline patterns, provide recommendations and tradeoffs.
- Deploy vendor technologies for data replication, data distribution, data streaming.
- Adhere to data protection requirements including data access, retention, residency and de-identification.
- Develop and maintain data flow and data sharing with internal and external systems.
- Create data validation checks and scripts to ensure high data quality and availability.
- Design and develop secure software in partnership with other engineering teams onshore and offshore.
- Keep a pulse on the industry, and research, evaluate and recommend new technologies, tools and frameworks for high volume data processing.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other team members
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and industry best practices and guide others on methodology and strategy.
- Must have experience with development, configuration and deployment on Azure Cloud technologies.
- Experience deploying (DaaS) Data as a service, containerization.
- Experience with DevOps concepts, scripting.
- Hands on experience building data engineering solutions using Microsoft Azure stack, including Azure Synapse Analytics, ADLS, Azure Synapse Studio, Azure Data Factory, Azure Event Hub, Azure Databricks, and Power BI. Experience on Big Data, AWS, GCP a plus.
- Hands-on experience with event streaming with modern event streaming tooling like Kafka is a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience with any enterprise programming language (C#, C++, Scala, Python or Java).
- Experience with any of the reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau, SSRS.
- Experience with NoSQL Databases required.
- SQL Savvy – must have strong SQL experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science or B.S. Software Engineering or B.A. in Computer Information Systems or equivalent education or experience.
- Ten years of wide-ranging data experience working with and influencing multiple teams.
- Experience with AI/ML concepts, tools and frameworks preferred.
- Snowflake experience is a strong plus.
Why work for #teamloanDepot:
- Aggressive earning potential and 401K with robust company match
- Inclusive, diverse and collaborative culture where people from all backgrounds can thrive
- Work with other passionate, purposeful and customer-centric people
- Extensive internal growth and professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision
- Wellness program to support both mental and physical health
- Generous paid time off for both exempt and non-exempt positions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Irvine, CA
Job date: Sat, 05 Mar 2022 08:53:30 GMT
Apply for the job now!