ArangoDB itself is written in C++, but a large part of the surrounding ecosystem (e.g., driver, benchmarks, and adapters to various Data or ML platforms) is python based. Furthermore, the ArangoDB community has a large number of open source projects. Hence we are looking for an experienced Python Developer to support these projects and community.
Our headquarter is in San Francisco (US), our development hub is in Cologne (Germany) and our diverse team includes workmates at remote locations worldwide. So do you prefer your desk at home or do you want to join our modern family at one of our locations? Your choice.
About the Role
- As a part of our team, you oversee the technical development of ArangoDB in the Python universe
- You own the python driver and other projects
- You evaluate the latest developments and innovations in the Python field to further apply them in your work
- You do talks about your projects at conferences and relevant user groups
- You bring at least 3 years of Python experience
- Knowledge of NoSQL/SQL, Linux, Docker and Kubernetes preferred
- You are passionate about solving complex problems, using an analytical approach
- Experience with database systems and Data/ML ecosystem is a plus
- Open Source experience would be a great advantage
The over 60 minds of ArangoDB come from 4 different continents and over a dozen countries. Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and forward-thinking to advance the multi-model movement with us. Join Team Avocado!
Location: Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen – San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 22:36:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!