Job description: Description :
Python developers at Perch write clean and maintainable Python3 code, mainly using the battle tested Django framework to create scalable, robust, queryable REST APIs. We architect performant database tables and queries in Postgresql, query our multi-terabyte Elasticsearch cluster, and connect to micro services, as well as 3rd party APIs to compose the data returned by our endpoints. We use redis to cache expensive calls where necessary. We use Docker and AWS to support our infrastructure. Our growing development team follows an agile workflow. If you’re a strong technology generalist who loves learning new things and isn’t afraid to dive in and figure things out, Perch might be the place for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of developers, designers, and stakeholders to plan, build, and deliver updates to our core products and services every sprint.
- Write, test, and ship code for our production Django API.
- Debug errors that might crop up and write patches to fix them.
- Design database tables for new features.
- Refactor and improve existing code for greater simplicity or performance.
- Work independently to identify bottlenecks and sources of potential failure and improve them.
- Participate in code review and collaborate with other developers to ensure we’re shipping high quality code and products.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 + year’s of experience writing modern, testable Python code with a team of developers.
- You have experience with a web framework such as Django (Django Rest Framework) or Flask.
- You are comfortable creating relational database models, and preferably have some experience with Postgresql.
- You have experience writing code for web APIs and know what HTTP status codes to use when. Maybe you have dipped a toe into GraphQL APIs.
- You know some linux and aren’t afraid to SSH into a server to check out what’s going at the operating system level. Checking disk usage, running processes, or tailing logs.
- You have written some code in Go.
- You have experience with the Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats).
- Not afraid to learn and work with tools, languages, and environments you’re not familiar with.
- Ability to figure things out, find a solution, and get stuff done.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Amazon Web Services ( RDS, EC2, S3, Beanstalk, SQS, ECS and seemingly a million others )
- CI/CD ( Docker, Jenkins, GitHub, or similar )
- Some networking experience, you know what a subnet is
- Cybersecurity interest or background
- Professional office environment or remote work
- Minimal Travel may be required
For more information, please go to .
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ConnectWise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ConnectWise is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms or staffing agencies for any employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to any employee or affiliate of ConnectWise via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a current and valid written Statement of Work or Master Service Agreement in place for this position from ConnectWise HR/Recruitment, and authorized by ConnectWise Executive Leadership, will be deemed the sole property of ConnectWise. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ConnectWise as a result of the referral or through other means.
Location: Tampa, FL
Job date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 03:04:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!