Job description: ConsumerAffairs is a marketplace for life’s hardest purchases. We help consumers make smart buys in moments of need.
Every month millions of consumers turn to ConsumerAffairs for help with considered (often emotional), need-based purchases and we connect them directly to curated brands. Brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews, their presence on ConsumerAffairs, communicate with consumers and generate revenue.
We are a diverse team located remotely across the U.S. and internationally. We are fast-paced and “GRIND” our core values: Generate Ownership, Resolve Through Data, Invent with Grit, Network to Win and Deliver Impact Daily.
ConsumerAffairs is looking for a Backend developer with professional experience in developing data-intensive web apps using Python and Django.
- Executing full lifecycle software development
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate components into a fully functional system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Evolve any legacy code and iterate quickly, with an eye on reusability
- Commit code in Git and review with other team members
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required)
- 5+ years’ experience of Python coding skills
- 3+ years hands on experience with the Django framework
- Solid database skills in a relational database (i.e. PostgresSQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of how to build and use RESTful APIs
- Knowledge about containers technology, mainly Docker.
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, svn, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure knowledge is a plus
You are an expert in:
- Clean, fluent Python
- Django and Django Rest Framework
- SQL and the Django ORM
- Celery and Dramatiq workers
- Modern Python packages and libs
- Django best practices
- Git and GitHub
You have experience with:
- Testing tools and TDD
- Unix and bash
- Docker and container technologies
- Designing modular, object-oriented Python
- Optimizing server-side load and rendering performance
- The complete Software Development Life Cycle (e.g., planning, design, testing, releases, etc.)
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Experience working directly with Product Managers on an Agile team
(our daily GRIND)
- Responsibility creates the freedom to quickly deliver value, we make no excuses, and consistently improve results.
RESOLVE THROUGH DATA
- We make data-driven decisions, think systematically about ROI and resolve complexity to drive results
INVENT WITH GRIT
- We are intellectually curious, create, take smart risks and grind out results because Fortune Favors the Bold.
NETWORK TO WIN
- We foster diversity, build trust through collaboration, close the loop, get to the bottom-line and turn debate into action and results.
DELIVER IMPACT DAILY
- We grind it out deliver important work, are efficient, have a relentless sense of urgency and drive results
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: Remote/ Tulsa
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 22:46:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!