Job description: Company Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Parts is the global provider of aftermarket parts and services to support Kenworth, Peterbilt, DAF and TRP dealers around the world. This includes 18 distribution centers globally that support 2,200 dealerships and over 1,000,000 customers. Aftermarket support includes world class customer centers that deliver industry leading uptime in conjunction with our outstanding supply chain that delivers record levels of inventory availability for dealers and customers.
Global PACCAR Parts Information Technology team has an immediate opening for a motivated and energetic Senior Software developer who wants to challenge themselves by working on Best-in-Class business enterprise applications. In this position you will work with multiple stakeholders to analyze requirements and develop innovative, high-visibility mission critical 3rd party software applications such as Blue Yonder (JDA), Servigistics and SalesForce.
As one of the software engineers on this high profile team you will be responsible for the design, development and testing of applications used by PACCAR employees, dealers, customers and shareholders.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
Level of responsibility and job function will be assigned based on expertise, leadership skills and experience. These responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Project Technical lead and potential management opportunities
- Direct and/or participate in evaluations, conversions, testing and implementations of new products and modifications of existing products
- Mentoring and coaching to other software developers
- On-call support on PACCAR’s business applications
- Responsible for the design development and testing of applications used by PACCAR employees, dealers, customers and shareholders
- Work on strategic projects among other support and development assignments
Support business partners using 24 X 7 applications that require possible on-call responsibilities
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience in developing applications on the UNIX and ORACLE database 12.x platform
- Strong Oracle / PL SQL scripting experience
- Good understanding of Perl Unix Shell scripting
- Experience in supply chain applications like Blue Yonder (JDA/Manugistics were prior product names).
- Functional knowledge of Blue Yonder (JDA) Demand, fulfillment is an added advantage.
- Experience in designing and building integrations between Blue Yonder (JDA) and other platform/package for execution.
- Ability to work as part of an Agile development team with the flexibility to perform all functions of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including requirements analysis, system analysis and QA
- Experience with developing code for distributed, highly scalable, high availability systems
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn them into technical requirements/code.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently, in a fast paced environment with talented engineers
- Strong understanding of the relationship between back-end server, applications, Oracle database, and networks
- Familiarity with Software Design Patterns and Automated Unit Testing
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- A successful candidate will have aggressive learning goals and may support business partners using critical applications that would require on-call responsibilities
- Act with Integrity
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Drive for Results
- Influence Others
- Lead Innovation and Quality Initiatives
- Manage Execution
- Manage Talent
- Use Sound Judgment / Business Acumen
Additional Job Board Information
- PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
- PACCAR Parts is an E-Very Employer
- PACCAR has success with diverse teams of employees working together to achieve excellent results. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment ensures PACCAR has the talent needed to conduct business today and in the future by leveraging different backgrounds, skills, and viewpoints. We believe diversity in the workplace increases innovation, results in better decisions and increases employee engagement.
Location: Renton, WA
Job date: Sat, 08 Jan 2022 23:54:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!