Job description: INRIX is a leading provider of real-time traffic information, parking information, connected car services, and mobility analytics. We leverage technology and data to make it safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for people to get to where they need to go.
INRIX Parking is an awesome place to work: We’re located in the heart of Santa Monica and have flexible work hours, unlimited PTO, lots of snacks and drinks, a dog-friendly office, an on-site gym, quarterly team outings, and catered Friday lunches. We’re a small, focused team, so we operate like an agile startup but also have the support of our head office in Seattle.
Our work is diverse. Although we all specialize in certain areas, we strive for everyone to be knowledgeable of our systems. We support each other as a team and never stop learning and exploring. As a senior engineer, you will support others in their growth and learning from day 1 and you will set an example of story and project ownership.
Once you are familiar with our system and you have grown into this role, you will:
- Help drivers find parking by analyzing geospatial information online and offline.
- Work independently in a Python/Django code base, translating product goals into a productionized implementation and documentation, with tests
- Work on separating our monolith into microservices and porting them to Kubernetes
- Add new features to our existing endpoints, while improving the extensibility of the system
- Monitor and optimize endpoints that serve millions of requests per hour for very demanding customers (premium auto manufacturers)
- Become comfortable deploying code with uptime and latency requirements, using HA infrastructure and SRE principles
- Add new functionality to our internal and external sites, using Vue.js frontend code centered around Mapbox and Google Maps widgets, with Python and Node backends
- Design event-driven mechanisms to process terabyte-sized datasets with low latency
- Collaborate closely with data scientists on machine learning and computer vision for street-level awareness
- Answer critical business questions with graphs and maps.
- Be part of the on-call rotation because you are confident that you can solve most problems or find the person who can. We average a few out-of-hours warnings and alarms a month and we are always looking to reduce that.
- Apply the scientific method, posing and rejecting hypotheses as the team investigates complexities in our system
- Build expertise in the tech we use: Django 2+3, Vue.js, NATS Streaming, Kubernetes, Prometheus, AWS ECS and Beanstalk, Postgres/Postgis, Redis, AWS Batch, EMR, and Spark.
- Have three years of Python experience, or experience in similar languages and a good understanding of Python
- Have a degree in computer science, or equivalent professional experience (boot camps count towards that)
- You have experience with at least two of: machine learning, geospatial systems, API development, or DevOps
- Are a great communicator and team player who likes working with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Like wearing several hats – we’re a small team and flexibility counts
- You have experience mentoring people in a professional setting
- You have experience owning a project and successfully completing it
- You like to develop an idea all the way through to a production-ready product, including the parts that are not coding
INRIX Offers You:
- Competitive compensation package that includes annual and long-term incentives as well as generous benefits and perks.
- An opportunity to drive significant shareholder, customer, and employee value.
- A fast-growing and rapidly changing global business where you will be challenged and grow.
- Hardworking and dedicated peers across all GTM and corporate functions.
- An open, supportive and collaborative work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company? A company that is addressing global concerns with solutions that actually make a difference for our customers and the environment. Exciting things are happening all the time at INRIX.
Come join us!
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Job date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 06:27:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!