Job description: Introduction
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Z is the World’s most powerful business platform. 68% of enterprise production workloads, 80% of structured enterprise data, and 55% of all enterprise transactions, including more than 50% of the back-end transactions generated from mobile enterprise applications run on IBM Z. We are embarking on an exciting journey to transform the developer experience on IBM Z by embracing disruptive technologies spanning all aspects of development, test, deployment, and monitoring. To accomplish this transformation, we are aggressively hiring top talent for a variety of positions, including offering management, design, and development. Join us on this exciting journey, leverage cutting edge technologies at work, and deliver meaningful innovation for the platform that runs business.
The developer will work directly with IBM deployment specialists, clients and business partners to support them on proof of concept and migration primarily on developing and modernizing several productivity tools. You will play a key advisory role in Source Code Management (SCM) migration projects from library managers traditionally used in mainframe development shops, to modern SCM such as git
As a member of the Tooling Team, you will need to:
- Interface to the transformation project teams to handle product and tooling enhancements requests
- Contribute to the development of assets and collateral’s that will contribute to make the migration services offering repeatable at a large scale.
- Provide technical enablement to clients, sellers and business partners and develop long-term relationships through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Provide technical assistance and product education
- Have a deep understanding of the IBM development portfolio
- Play an advisory role or directly lead transformation projects and leverage business partners as needed for execution
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Java or Python development
- Knowledge in Spring or Python Frameworks
- Understanding of cloud technologies (Docker, Ansible, OpenShift)
- Scripting knowledge (Groovy, Python)
- Basic Database knowledge (Derby, SQL)
- Knowledge of modern SCMs and pipeline coordinators such as Git and Jenkins.
- Understanding of DevOps principles, including modern Agile/Lean development processes
- UNIX or Linux development experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience developing products on z/OS
- Z Operations / System Programmer background
- Skills on application mapping tooling
- A first experience in migration projects with support for changing the habits of the end users, and having a good understanding of the difficulties of integrating tools in complex ecosystems should be a plus
- Basic knowledge in Data Mining
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Mon, 24 May 2021 22:38:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!