Company: The Walt Disney Company
Job description: Job Description
Disney Television Animation (DTVA) is a high-volume digital animation production studio. Because of DTVA’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software are critical to its production operations and workflows. Disney Television Animation Technology (DTVAT) innovates and delivers solutions that support our animation studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations. As part of the Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive innovation.
The SD works with the Software group’s management to design and develop web-based software. Additionally, the SD reviews existing web-based software system capabilities to evaluate what changes can be made within existing systems and when new systems must be added to provide solutions – whichever meets the project and/or production needs in the timeliest manner and fits within the specific budget.
The SD is responsive to our environment’s critical production timelines and is able to analyze bugs/ system glitches, track them to the corrupted code, implement timely repairs, and make recommendations for avoiding similar situations via code/software/system changes and code management procedures
General Entertainment Content
- Minimum 4 years of professional web development experience
- Experience building APIs using Python and Django
- Experience with databases and caching strategies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Experience with Docker and Git workflows
- Knowledge of Design Patterns for Enterprise Level Application Development
- Able to communicate technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well individually and collaboratively
Disney Television Animation
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in a technical discipline
- Experience with other Python web frameworks: Flask, FastAPI, etc.
- Experience with backend languages/frameworks such as PHP, NodeJS, etc.
- Working knowledge of the television/animation business
The Software Developer (SD) is responsible for developing web-based code/software solutions and maintaining existing web-based code/software for the Television Animation business unit.
A high-level breakdown of the Software Developer’s responsibilities follows:
- Analyzing production software procedures and problems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing software solutions
- Making recommendations to improve: production software output, efficiency, and workflow
- Software analysis and design
- Code testing / integration
- High level support of developed code
Location: Glendale, CA
Job date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:33:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!