Company: Nuwest Group
Job description: Job Title: Sr. HIL Software Developer (C/C++/Python) – Remote
Compensation: $90 – 99/hr
NuWest partners with engineering professionals to find their next opportunity for career development. We have opportunities to solve some of the most exciting challenges in engineering today.
Exciting space exploration engineering company in Kent, WA, is seeking to hire a Software Developer/Systems Engineer. As part of a hardworking team of diverse specialists, technicians, and engineers, you will drive software development for the Hardware-in-the-Loop lab. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of design, implementation, construction, and deployment. You will also support other hardware and software teams (including avionics, simulation, guidance, navigation, and control) in the deployment, configuration management and testing of their work products in all phases of development from conception to maintenance. Besides design and development of HIL Software, this position requires a broad understanding of practical engineering principles. You will be taking responsibilities related to requirements decomposition, system architecture development, project management, configuration management, system administration, support, and training besides the main software development activities required for this role. We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for the company’s mission and vision is required!
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline
- System engineering fundamentals, including requirements definition and decomposition, architecture development, and V&V testing
- Project management fundamentals, including planning, tracking progress, and adjusting scope to meet goals
- Experience with large scale hardware and software integration in a laboratory test environment
- Experience planning and executing V&V testing of large integrated systems
- Familiarity with Linux and other Unix-style operating systems (preferably real-time)
- Familiarity with Matlab and Simulink for simulation development and automated code generation
- Experience working with C and C++ – Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Ability to learn and adapt software DevOps technologies to solve software automation problems
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Embedded systems experience
- Experience debugging low-level (platform and driver) code
- Experience debugging auto generated code
NuWest Group connects talented individuals with meaningful work at companies pioneering the future across the country. We partner with startups and established household names within consumer electronics, space exploration, alternate energy, and medical devices. We’re on a mission to improve employee engagement and business outcomes by placing the right people in the right work environments.
What you can expect from US:
The highest quality service throughout the entire cycle
Transparency: open and honest communication – no surprises
Long-lasting professional relationships built on trust
Professional: we coach for growth based on your specific strengths and interests
Location: Kent, WA
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:46:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!